Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

My Canvas doesn't play when I put a song I'm currently playing on loop, it just shows a picture of the album cover 

Screenshot_20230919_114700_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230919_114723_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230919_114715_Spotify.jpg
7 Replies

Hey @GSYC,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you able to reproduce this behavior with other songs with Canvas? Does this experience persist with a different account on your device or with your account on a different device?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Yeah other songs with visuals also have the same problem. The thing is, there are also songs with visuals that have no problem at all. I tried the test account and the issue persists. I don't have another device to test it

Here is an example of a song with visuals that has the problem:

1000027452.jpg

1000027451.jpg

Example of songs with visual that have NO problem: 

1000027450.png

1000027448.jpg

1000027453.jpg

Hi @GSYC,

Thanks for your reply and all the examples you shared!

To begin with and to rule out cache-related problems, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on your device. No worries, you won't lose any content, you'll just need to download your offline music again.

If none of that helps, it'd be helpful to check if you can replicate the behavior on a different device. We understand you don't have a different one, but if possible, you could ask a relative or friend to give it try from their device.

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Think y'all have to reconsider depending on 'clean reinstall' as the main solution to everything. I tried that 3 times and no change. That is the definition of 'insanity'.

Hi @GSYC,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

First up, we understand what you say, however, most issues are solved by doing a reinstall, so that's the reason we suggest it. Additionally, as it hadn't been mentioned before that you already tried it, it was something we had to get out of the way. Now we know you did, so we will not suggest it anymore.

Now, we noticed this seems to happen only when playing the songs from the Search section. In order to verify and report the case to the right team, play those same songs you have the problem with, but not from Search, but from the Album, your Liked songs, or a playlist, and check if you can replicate the behavior from there. If it does happen that way, send over a screenshot. This will help us have a detailed report. 

On another note, send over the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll wait for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The songs played from the Liked Songs and Album are perfectly fine. Songs from my own playlists are also ok. Spotify version is 8.8.74.652

Suggested posts