Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing the queue between devices works inconsistently with Premium (Android+Linux)

Sharing the queue between devices works inconsistently with Premium (Android+Linux)

I use Spotify on two devices:

* phone (Android KitKat)

* laptop (Debian Jessie VM)

When I did not have Premium, it worked well predicably, i.e. all the devives have their own queues.

When I have Premium, it gets less predicable. When I switch between devices, the queue is sometimes replaced and sometimes not. I am not sure which one is better*, but the inconsistency is annoying.

Well, it seems to be predicable a bit. When I suspend my laptop and then start Spotify on my phone, the queue does not get synced. However, when I start the app on Android while playing music on laptop (or maybe while having just the laptop app running), it gets synced.

Note that these two devices are never in the same network. More specificaly, the Debian VM in under NAT and the phone technically can't initiate a TCP connection to it.

How can I make it consistent without unsubscribing from Premium?

*) For example, I want to listen something different when traveling than when working.

2 Replies

So, I've unsubscribed Premium. I should get consistent behavior soon at cost of ads. I'll see which one is more annoying.

This is unfortunately no longer a solution, as non-premium is now messed, too.

One might argue that Spotify now consistently seves a better service to Premium users compared to non-premium. Well, this is true, but in the wrong direction. This does not convince me to pay for Spotify premium. This might rather convince me to switch to another service like Deezer.

Suggested posts