Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shazam - not able to connect to Spotify premium

Solved!

Shazam - not able to connect to Spotify premium

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

(Android Version 9; One UI version 1.1)

My Question or Issue

My Spotify premium account was connected to my Shazam app (as the default streaming service). But I noticed songs I Shazam no longer appear in Spotify. I went to the settings in the Shazam app and discovered Spotify was not connected. I tried to (re) connect and it keeps telling me, "Connection failed to Spotify. You can try again later in Settings"  

I uninstalled the Shazam app, reinstalled and logged in using Facebook - with no success to connect. I went to the Spotify website and went to Account Overview ->Apps and deleted Shazam access. I then opened the Shazam app, gave permission to connect and after giving approval, it gave me the same info: "Connection failed to Spotify. You can try again later in Settings"  See attached images below. Not sure how to fix this - connecting both apps is the main reason why I use both apps. Ugh. Option to connect to SpotifyOption to connect to SpotifyError messageError message

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found if I renamed "My Shazam Playlist" to a new name and then connected it sorted the glitch out. Shazam clearly tries to set up new playlist but sees one is already there so fails. Hope this sorts your issue 

View solution in original post

12 Replies

It sounds like a glitch from Shazam. Try visiting their support page for more help: https://support.shazam.com/hc/en-us

Marked as solution

I found if I renamed "My Shazam Playlist" to a new name and then connected it sorted the glitch out. Shazam clearly tries to set up new playlist but sees one is already there so fails. Hope this sorts your issue 

Hi, I'd be happy to try the solution but I've never had such list in the first place 😞

I've tried connecting, disconnecting, reinstalling, whatever, but to no avail. I've sent an email to Shazam support (hidden in the Apple helpdesk now, looks a bit weird). I'm a bit lost.

Thanks! Been trying to solve this for months.

how doesnt let you rename it? where do you need to rename if from spotify or shazam? thanks

Rename the playlist in spotify.

You need to disconnect it in shazam,
rename the playlist
then reconnect, shazam will then create a new playlist for you in spotify.

Shazam syncing to Spotify is an amazing feature that NEVER works. Is there any update to fix it his issue for iOS/Spotify Premium? I’ve gone through the various steps mentioned in this thread and nothing worked. It’s pretty crazy how huge Spotify is and they just can’t get it together for this feature. 🤦

Yeah, same here. But in my case, it's Android and Spotify Free. Been connected for ages but had to change my account, and now the option to link Shazam to Spotify has disappeared for good.

the only way that it worked for me was login my Spotify account and no using the Gmail/Facebook option. Try unlink you shazam account from you Spotify profile first and then do it again. 

Done it. Doesn’t work. Why doesn’t it work from the control center button on iPhone?

For me, it was as simple as going to the Shazam page on Facebook (which is used the sync between platforms) and to start following the Shazam FB page.

Worked for years prior to this, seems to be working now. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

Samsung S23 Ultra

Operating System

Android 14, one ui 6

My Question or Issue

I don't have an option to connect to Spotify in Shazam. I was in UAE for a short trip and I had the option to connect and I did. When I got back to my home country, the option went missing and the sync also stopped.

Is there a region lock to Shazam integration? This isn't just with Shazam, sound hound has the same problem. I believe its a Spotify problem, not Shazam or sound hound problem. Can anyone please help me with this?

Screenshot_20231129_201120_Shazam.jpg

Suggested posts