Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle all music on android?

Shuffle all music on android?

I have hundreds of saved songs under "Your Music".  When I go into the SONGS category and click SHUFFLE PLAY, it only picks about 30-35 songs to play.  I just want to shuffle the entire saved music libarary.

5 Replies

I think someone has mentioned this before. Have a look in the ideas section of something is there and add some kudos.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

So, it can't be done then?  I'll search the ideas board when I get a bit of time.  Thanks!

It's right here 🙂 (Although it says "all music from all playlists" and not "all songs saved under 'your music'")

I think this is not the point Igloo meant.

Since one year I have a playlist with about 300 songs in it. I use this list about four or five times a week for about two hours each time. I always listen to it in shuffle mode but there are a few songs - maybe 30 or 40 - that will be played nearly every time I listen to this list and there are definitely songs in this list that I never heard in the last year!

For me it seems that the shuffle mode uses a very simple algorithm for randomizing the list.

Any hint?

Hey @xsaly ,

The shuffle algorithms are updated regularly. It works fine on desktop versions and other apps will get improved algorithms too in the future. Have a look at the following idea, all news about it will be updated there: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Implement-an-actual-shuffle-function/idi-p/27607 you can still vote for that by leaving your comments/kudos. 

Suggested posts