Shuffle getting stuck on 20-30 songs

Shuffle getting stuck on 20-30 songs

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist with over 8 000 songs on it, and I play it on shuffle. Last week I noticed, that the shuffle got stuck repeating the same 20-30 songs in a slightly different order over and over. I got it fixed for a few days by switching to another playlist, and listening to it for a few days on shuffle, but today, the problem started again! The problem only occurs on my mobile, desktop works fine.

7 Replies

I got an iPhone, and been having the same issue for about a month now. Mines also been reshuffling my music after pausing it for more than just a minute or two. Today it has started to also clear my queue after leaving it paused for that amount of 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@Jusva, could you let us know if this happens with all your playlist or only with the large one you mentioned? Also, we'd like to know if this happens with a different internet connection as well and while in Offline mode. 

@Livingcerealbowl, the issue you're describing is slightly different from the OP's. We're gathering info about this here to further look into it. Feel free to leave your info there. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, sorry for the delay, took a few days to get the problem active again.
Tested with wi-fi and offline-mode, the problem is there in both.

Trying with different playlists takes a couple more days, still building up
a playlist long enough to reliably test.

Hi there @Jusva,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

No worries, take your time and we'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have a playlist of over 9200 songs and listen while driving in the truck. Shuffle keeps choosing the same group of songs with a sprinkling of other songs. The group of repeated songs is maybe 12 to 20. My thumb hovers over the skip button to skip songs that I've already heard that day, then there's a few new songs, then the same old ones again... skip skip skip skip skip, and in the end the shuffle with be reduced down to only the same 20 or so songs that are stuck in a loop as if they're the only songs in the playlist, and the only solution is to play something else, (another playlist or album), and go back to that playlist and start shuffle again. But by the end of the day or in the next couple of days it will be happening again. Which reminds me that it's not just in the one session but can happen over multiple days with the app being closed at night.

I have exactly the same problem (but the playlists are not that big :D). But I find it worse that after about 30 songs the loop starts over. I start with song "A" then comes song "B" etc. but instead of going to song "Z" shuffle only runs to song "G" and starts again at song "A".

Hey @IWantSurround,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the info shared.

We really appreciate the time you took to report this to us. We'd like you to know other users had similar requests, so they posted some ideas about it on our Idea Boards. We located these ones:

1. [All Platforms] Option to have a true shuffle
  2. [All Platforms] Shuffle algorithm that favors "unpopular" songs

We think these are great ideas too! That's why we'd suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to them in the three-dot menu. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about these.

We appreciate your feedback. We know you’d like to make this as an opportunity for Spotify to become an incredible app.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts