Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle playing same grouping of songs.

Shuffle playing same grouping of songs.

I have located multiple topics related to shuffle, but not quite about what I am experiencing. This also has just started happening to me over the past week.

What is happening is when I have the shuffle function on while listening to a playlist, the same set of songs is playing over and over. The artists and songs seem to be relatively shuffled, but it is like the same 30 songs over and over from a playlist of over 900 songs. I am not exagerating when I say it is the exact same set of like 30 songs. I know some people people talk about hearing the same song 3-4 times in a few hours period. What I am saying is I have been at work for about 4 hours listening to this playlist on shuffle and it only seems to be playing the same set of about 30 songs over and over again rather than going through the whole playlist. Also, like I said this seems to have just started over the past week. I have been using Spotify like this for the past couple of years and never had this sort of scenario present itself.

Again, sorry if this is in any way a repost, but I searched around and didn't see anything specifically relating to having the same set of songs loop from a very large playlist that only started happening recently.

6 Replies

second user to report this recently that I've seen. I wonder if it's a temporary glitch... are you still finding this now?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I prefer to just listen to my playlists in the order I saved them rather than shuffle.  About two weeks ago, the shuffle function got turned on and I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off and go back to just listening to the play list in order.  Can someone help?

@dcochenour wrote:

I prefer to just listen to my playlists in the order I saved them rather than shuffle.  About two weeks ago, the shuffle function got turned on and I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off and go back to just listening to the play list in order.  Can someone help?

Tap the now playing bar at the bottom of thescreen. Shuffle button is on the left in green

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

thanks.  I will try that.

I know at least yesterday I was still experiencing it. I think the only workaround I have been able to figure out so far is if once I notice it has gotten to the point where it is playing the same songs again, then I go to the playlist and just select a random song and that seems to reset the songs to a new set, but eventually that new set will still get re-played as well.

I'm hoping it is a temporary glitch because although I have seen a lot of complaints, I have never had any problems with how the shuffle function worked until now.

Same thing happening to me.  Still happening today.  Been going on for about a week now.  And it's really fricking annoying.

Also notices that when I go to skip a  track it'll skip right to the track I just skipped and then play  songs in almost exact reverse order of what I just heard.

Suggested posts