Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Pixel 7 Pro

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Issue is simple - when I try to sign in with Facebook, it will open my browser and authenticate successfully, but then it will switch back to the app and simply show me a black screen.  I've tried uninstalling, clearing cache, clearing storage, and removing Spotify as an authorized app on Facebook. Nothing works. 

I cannot switch away from Facebook login to standup username/password, since Spotify is telling me my email is already in use (a whole other issue lol)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This issue is 100% device specific as logging in with Facebook works no problem on my old phone, just not my new pixel. 

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone!

We've reported this to our tech folks who'll investigate further. In the meantime, you can try logging in to your account using the other login alternatives mentioned in this thread.

If you haven't already, please share the following details, so we can forward them to the right team:

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running

Thanks! We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new info to share.

Cheers!

47 Replies

Hi there. As shown in video, I get a black screen when trying to login with Facebook.

Please help me 😞

Thank you very much

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 7 Pro

Operating System

Android 13

Spotify updated and phone reset 

I'm having an identical issue on a new Pixel 6.

Exactly same issue on my pixel 7 pro. Tried uninstalling, clearing data, clearing cache, using different networks but no luck

same here, pixel 7 device, uninstalled many times just show black screen when I try to login with fb

Same here with pixel 7 pro when trying to login via fb. I'm so sad. Please help

I have the exact same issue on my pixel 7 pro. So frustrating. They need to fix this ASAP

I have the same problem with a Pixel 7

Please everyone who is affected, don't forget to smash the button that you have the same problem, so spotify will notice better hopefully

Since my Google search for "Spotify Facebook login blank screen" has your post as the top result I'm going to assume this is a very new issue.

Dear d_wayne,

i had the same problem and it was fixed with the following steps.

On the Spotify website, log out
Go to the login page and choose "forgot password" and use the email associated with your Facebook account
Reset your password from the email link

had the same problem and it was fixed with the following steps.

On the Spotify website, log out
Go to the login page and choose "forgot password" and use the email associated with your Facebook account
Reset your password from the email link

Same problem here! On my brand new Samsung a53.

Same issue. Did a password reset but when I log in using my email address instead of "logging in thru FB", i am no longer connected to my Spotify Premium account 😞

Same issue, can reset password as it is through facebook. 

You can't reset your password nor get an email reset if you go through facebook.  This is not a valid solution. 

Hey yall. I had the same issue with my Pixel 7 Pro. To fix this one (at least in my case) do the following:

- go to "set device-password" on the left side (theres also your username, an eleven digit number)

- set a new password there.

- return to your spotify app on your device and log in with username and password instead of fb login.

This did the trick for me. Good Luck.

I could solve the problem but only for myself, since I once have had a similar issue in the past, so it won't fit for everyone I guess and I don't wanna encourage but just share. Losing my 1700+ liked songs would have been a horror for me and so it's the same for you I guess.

However, I noticed that I've had already changed my email from the one I had in Facebook and was using when I started using spotify in 2013. So I was simply able to login directly without Facebook and is now running on my pixel pro 7 now.

I sadly can't remember the exact steps to just change my mail and having a password-reset with the new one, but in the end I kept my library which I was frightened to lose somehow. Some short research got at least ways how one can get rid of facebook in spotify: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Change-email-and-unlink-account-from-facebook/m-p/5179310

For some of you, that might help I hope but please carefully think on what you're doing and don't blame me for it, if it fails :-DBest of luck and I hope they'll fix this issue anyway

EDIT:

I just saw your statement "I cannot switch away from Facebook login to standup username/password, since Spotify is telling me my email is already in use (a whole other issue lol)"

Maybe you can change your Email address to another Email you are using first (or generate one) and then follow above steps.

Thanks. This worked for me on my Pixel 7 pro too.

Suggested posts