Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Since updating to android 10, music keeps randomly skipping and starting by itself

Solved!

Since updating to android 10, music keeps randomly skipping and starting by itself

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

Currently in Germany temporarly. Account created in Argentina

Device

Pixel 3aXL

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

This is really annoying.

In my Pixel 3a, Spotify is randomly skipping tracks (sometimes one or twice a day, sometimes several times per hour) and, even worse, starts playing out of the blue when I had the music stopped and the app closed. Even in the middle of the night.

Around the time this started happening, I updated my phone to Android 10, I started using the web player more often on my work, and I switched from the Family plan to Duo. I doubt the web player is related as it does not exhibit either of the problems, though.

What I have tried:

I changed my password and force closed all other sessions, to rule out tha someone had hacked my account.

I updated to the beta version of the Android app.

I tryed using the Android app in offline mode.

I uninstalled the app, purged data and cache and reinstalled.

None of this things solved the issue. I did note that the autoplay and skipping may happen more often when I am in a low-quality internet connection, or when the phone is changing WiFi<->LTE. But I am not completly sure.

So far, the only thing that stops the app from autoplaying in the middle of the night is to logout of my account at the end of the day. The random skipping still happens from time to time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. I think I found the issue. It was not related to the Spotify app, sorry for the misdirection.

Appartently, the app of my smart watch/fitness band (a Xiomi Mi Band) had the option to change tracks by pressing the band button. I guess it misfired, as after disabling this option the problem went away.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @nicocarbone,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community! That's not cool, so let's see what we can do.

Firstly, I'd recommend you to check this article out. After you've taken all the measures to secure your account and email connected to it, please do a clean reinstall as described here.

Let us know what happens afterwards 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Petya,

Yes, as I write in my post I changed my password, unlogged all other devices usign the webpage and reinstalled the Android App. I also deleted data, cache and tried switching to the beta version. Nothing worked.

The problem persists as of today 😕

Marked as solution

Hi. I think I found the issue. It was not related to the Spotify app, sorry for the misdirection.

Appartently, the app of my smart watch/fitness band (a Xiomi Mi Band) had the option to change tracks by pressing the band button. I guess it misfired, as after disabling this option the problem went away.

Suggested posts