Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skipping, pausing and stuttering

Skipping, pausing and stuttering

I'm a Premium user (version 1.9.0.1273) almost exclusively on my phone (HTC Desire X).

Over the last month or so Spotify has been skipping, pausing and stuttering as if it's buffering, or as if I'm listening to a scratched CD. Following advice seen in this forum I've made sure crossfade is turned off and streaming and download are set to the lowest values. However, the problem persists.

I used to use Spotify every day, but currently can't due to the frequency of this frustrating problem. Can this be fixed?

21 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm having the same issue. And the guide is good.. but not fixing the problem.
-Jay

Same for me, Android app stutters/crackles frequently.

Happens over Bluetooth and through headphones. All the "fixes" don't work and now that this has happened over two different handsets I am conviced there is a problem with the app.

I have the same. Offline content stutters. Android Nougat. Downloaded extreme quality.... Extremely discontinuous.... I pay for what exactly?

Spotify fix this! Moving away from Spotify if this doesn't get fixed.

I've been having the same issue, and I've found that it happens much more frequently, if not exclusively, when the phone is locked.

Same here! Very, very annoying!

Tried reinstalling and everything.. no luck

Hello community,

I reïnstalled Spotify which didnt work for me and I tried out a lot of common problem fixes which didnt help me at all.

I tried opening the battery menu and I put the spotify app under the unmanaged apps tab ( probably not the correct translation ) and this helped a bunch.

But I still suffer from the stuttering and it's really starting to annoy me a lot.

I pay 10 euro's each month for something that doesnt work correctly.

Please solve this.

I'm experiencing the same problem for about 2 months now (when screen is off). After applying all solutions I found in the community (reinstalling, battery management, guide etc.), the problem still occurs.

Me too I've had it,all my music pauses even down loaded songs

Me too! Every time I listen to a song, it kind of dissapears for a second, like the music goes mute. When it's back, it doesn't always start where it should, either skipping too far into the song or pausing completely. It's happening more and more often now, and it is really irritating!

I've always found that restarting the device will help the issue temporarilly, but it starts doing it again after a few hours, maybe a day or 2. 

This has been happening to me for months too. Only thing that helps is restarting my phone, but that only fixes it for a little while.

Want to chime in;

This have been a major issue since a month back. Skipping, stuttering songs with random pausing.

Only seem to happen when screen i locked per say.

Using samsung s6.

Tried completley wipe spotify which gave me relife for a few hours. Tried aswell as enable/disable battery savings and optimization. Uninstall most apps and freeing up memory and disk space which didnt change a thing.

Rebooting phone works but the problems came back few hrs later.

edit: samsung s6.

Settings>Device Maintenance>Battery>Unmonitored apps

Check that spotify is listed. If not, add it and see if it helps.

Hello and thanks, its listed as before. Any other tips?

Exactly the same problem as above. Tracks are skipping/jittering while screen is locked. Reinstalling app doesn't solve the issue. 

Same problem. Nothing works to fix it and it is very annoying. What are we paying for, exactly?

This is happening to me. Galaxy S6. Premium member and it happens on downloaded tracks. Especially on one track in particular. 

I can't go much longer paying for someone to duin my musical experience. I'd rather have no music experience than bad muaic experience.

How in the **bleep** do I cancel Spotify

Suggested posts