Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble logging in

I can't log into my account on the app but I can online. I put the right password and user or email and it says either I put in the wrong email of password. So I reset the password and it still says that I put it in wrong. I checked over and over

• I can't log into my account on the app but I can online. I put the right password and user or email and it says either I put in the wrong email of password. So I reset the password and it still says ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Forced Log Out, with No Return

So, not even 20 minutes ago, I was signed into my spotify free, on mobile, from my samsung galaxy s6. I was in the midst of listening to a song, when spotify - without warning- signed me out. Puzzled by this, I re-entered my credientals, only to be t...

• So, not even 20 minutes ago, I was signed into my spotify free, on mobile, from my samsung galaxy s6. I was in the midst of listening to a song, when spotify - without warning- signed me out. Puzzled...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log on

So spotify logged off mid drive back home and Sense then I don't seem to be able to log back on. I triedresetimg the password but it still says it's not correct email and password. But I can log on just fine with my computer. Anyone knows what's happ...

• So spotify logged off mid drive back home and Sense then I don't seem to be able to log back on. I triedresetimg the password but it still says it's not correct email and password. But I can log on j...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I really erase the songs from the phone?

I just erased all my library songs with the feature in the setup menu, but when a checked how much space I had in the internal memory nothing had diminished. It looks like it just erased the playlist. Is there a way to manually, effectively and physi...

• Regular
  • I just erased all my library songs with the feature in the setup menu, but when a checked how much space I had in the internal memory nothing had diminished. It looks like it just erased the playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not auto resume playing

Hi.When receiving a phone call or clicking on a YouTube video, Spotify stops playing which is fine. However, after either the call or the video ended, Spotify not automatically resumes playing. I also do have a Rdio subscription and Rdio auto resumes...

• Visitor
  • Hi. When receiving a phone call or clicking on a YouTube video, Spotify stops playing which is fine. However, after either the call or the video ended, Spotify not automatically resumes playing. I a...
  • nat11public
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify fails to resume playing

Brief description of the issue:Music is paused when receiving a phone call but does not continue after the call ends provided it is over a certain length.Steps to reproduce the issue:Start playing music from spotifyReceiev phone callEnd phone call af...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Music is paused when receiving a phone call but does not continue after the call ends provided it is over a certain length. Steps to reproduce the issue: Start pla...
  • nat11public
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Controller goes useless Galaxy S8

Hi all, hope someone can help. With battery saver on mid setting, I can start using Spotify with no trouble to connect to a Chromecast Audio or Bluetooth speaker. After the screen shuts off for a while with music playing, if I turn the screen back on...

• Hi all, hope someone can help.    With battery saver on mid setting, I can start using Spotify with no trouble to connect to a Chromecast Audio or Bluetooth speaker. After the screen shut...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

Hi, Since a recent Spotify update, I seem to have lost the ability to add a whole album to an existing playlist. I have noticed this problem since Spotify updated on my mobile to v0.5.0.1247 (I don't know what version I had prior to this). The overal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Since a recent Spotify update, I seem to have lost the ability to add a whole album to an existing playlist.   I have noticed this problem since Spotify updated on my mobile to v0.5.0....
  • EverStoned77
  • Casual Listener
  • 49 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 49 replies
  • 15 likes

Playlist is missing

For some reason i wws automatically logged out of my spotify account this morning then it wouldn't let me log back in. I had to uninstall and install the app again but when i did my playlist was missing. I cant find it and I've tried the lookinh at t...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason i wws automatically logged out of my spotify account this morning then it wouldn't let me log back in. I had to uninstall and install the app again but when i did my playlist was miss...
  • Lestiee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify is downloading my songs every time I enter

Whenever I go back into the application (Spotify) it downloads all my songs again which by the way is very annoying because I have more than 500 songs so it takes a lot. Someone has a solution Note all my songs are saved on the card and are downloadi...

• Whenever I go back into the application (Spotify) it downloads all my songs again which by the way is very annoying because I have more than 500 songs so it takes a lot. Someone has a solution Note...
  • Athosapolo
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify is Extremely Slow and Unresponsive on S8 Plus

I have a Samsung S8 Plus. For starters, the entire app acts extremely slow, not loading and even crashing. It works slightly better in offline mode. Most of the time it takes 10 minutes to open, even after closing it out completely and reopening. Res...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung S8 Plus. For starters, the entire app acts extremely slow, not loading and even crashing. It works slightly better in offline mode. Most of the time it takes 10 minutes to open, even...
  • ScubaSteve007
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

I cannot log in.

I tried to use the app and it was signed out so i signed back in, it was signed in for a couple seconds then logged me back out. I reset my password, deleted then reinstalled the app, shut down my phone and it still is doing the same thing. It's not ...

• I tried to use the app and it was signed out so i signed back in, it was signed in for a couple seconds then logged me back out. I reset my password, deleted then reinstalled the app, shut down my ph...
  • m9kvvquw1fpr5df
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just shows "We're currently experiencing problems. Please try again later."

So I just finished paying for Spotify premium yesterday but when I closed the app and opened it back up again, I was logged out. So I tried logging in but there was just a little message that said, "We are currently experiencing problems. Please try ...

• So I just finished paying for Spotify premium yesterday but when I closed the app and opened it back up again, I was logged out. So I tried logging in but there was just a little message that said, "...
  • aviha2004
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot login into spotify android with any account

So this evening I just got logged out of the Spotify app on my android device and have been unable to log in since then, while the app works perfectly on my desktop as well as my mac. I was logged in through facebook before thisI have tried 1. loggin...

• Casual Listener
  • So this evening I just got logged out of the Spotify app on my android device and have been unable to log in since then, while the app works perfectly on my desktop as well as my mac. I was logged in...
  • pulkitjuneja
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login to my application!

Recently my spotify updated automatically and now I cannot login.I can login into the website and the web app but not to the app even though i have changed my password many times.

• Casual Listener
  • Recently my spotify updated automatically and now I cannot login. I can login into the website and the web app but not to the app even though i have changed my password many times.
  • ion_marandici
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Change the download quality

Recently, I have often changed the quality of downloading from extreme quality to normal

• Roadie
  • Recently, I have often changed the quality of downloading from extreme quality to normal
  • ThomasPegler
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unknown devices in "show available devices" and playlists disappear & strange ones appear.

I sent question already more than week ago to Spotify support. No response. I sent new one now in email and decided to add also here to forum. There is something wrong with Spotify after creating facebook account. I did not join it with Spotify. Afte...

• Regular
  • I sent question already more than week ago to Spotify support. No response. I sent new one now in email and decided to add also here to forum.   There is something wrong with Spotify after c...
  • ayfzoe
  • Roadie
  • 37 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 37 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Log in

Hello I'm having a problem for an hour or soI can't log in on my Spotify account,but i typed in my username and password,but all it says "Your email and password combination does not match a Spotify account.Please try later" And i'm having a account ...

• Visitor
  • Hello   I'm having a problem for an hour or so I can't log in on my Spotify account,but i typed in my username and password,but all it says  "Your email and password combination does no...
  • ygpl20
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

I have a problem with music

When i am looking for music, or a playlist, it gives me an error and the app closes me... how can i do??

• When i am looking for music, or a playlist, it gives me an error and the app closes me... how can i do??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Name of playlists

Earlier you had the feature that if you created a new Playlist out of a whole album the default title was [artist] - [album name].This has disappeared as of recently. Am I the only one experiencing this or is something general.If it is something gene...

• Casual Listener
  • Earlier you had the feature that if you created a new Playlist out of a whole album the default title was [artist] - [album name]. This has disappeared as of recently. Am I the only one experiencing...
  • Myskosvamp
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes