Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se pausa reproduccion solo

Que tal, quisiera que me ayudaran... Tengo un celular andr 7 y resulta que cuando uso FB y aparece algun video en mi historial con el volumen silenciado al momento se detiene la reproduccion de spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Que tal, quisiera que me ayudaran... Tengo un celular andr 7 y resulta que cuando uso  FB y aparece algun video en mi historial con el volumen silenciado al momento se detiene la reproduccion de...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution premium but can't play downloaded song

I have premium account but I can't play my downloaded songs when I'm offline. There are the green circle too but I still can't play my downloaded songs. What should I do? Help pls

• Visitor
  • I have premium account but I can't play my downloaded songs when I'm offline. There are the green circle too but I still can't play my downloaded songs. What should I do? Help pls
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Rediculously repepetive and irrelevant ad(s)

Hey Spotify,I dont mind ads since I am not using premium version but I am CONSTANTLY hearing this opiod addiction ad. I am about to punch this screen hoping to stop that guy from talking about his prescription additction problem. Again, I dont mind a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Spotify, I dont mind ads since I am not using premium version but I am CONSTANTLY hearing this opiod addiction ad. I am about to punch this screen hoping to stop that guy from talking about his ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't choose the place of the storage of download music

with the last update for android does not appear the option to choose the place of the storage of downloaded music (internal or SD card)

• with the last update for android does not appear the option to choose the place of the storage of downloaded music (internal or SD card)
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution HELP pls

I can not import my songs from my cell phone to spotify, in settings I no longer have the options.(note) before you had this option in another account

• Visitor
  • I can not import my songs from my cell phone to spotify, in settings I no longer have the options. (note) before you had this option in another account
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification and lock screen controls not available on Android 7.0 Nougat

Music controls in the notification shade and lock screen only work about half the time. The app has full notification permissions, and battery optimization is off.Also, streaming to my Chromecast Audio cuts out often. Streaming from my desktop works ...

• Music Fan
  • Music controls in the notification shade and lock screen only work about half the time. The app has full notification permissions, and battery optimization is off. Also, streaming to my Chromecast...
  • Konstantin17
  • 88 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 88 replies
  • 16 likes

[Login Issue] Please go online to connect to spotify

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Earlier to I was signed out on my Samsung Galaxy S7 but when I tried to log in again it says that I was set offline and need to go online to connect to spotifyEarlier to I was signed out on my Samsung Galaxy S7 but when I t...

• Earlier to I was signed out on my Samsung Galaxy S7 but when I tried to log in again it says that I was set offline and need to go online to connect to spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Only playing first 10 songs on playlist

On my oneplus 5t on the newest Android update all of my personal playlists, with some of them having 800 songs, will only shuffle play from the first 10 or so songs on the playlist. I have Spotify free and haven't had problems before this update and ...

• On my oneplus 5t on the newest Android update all of my personal playlists, with some of them having 800 songs, will only shuffle play from the first 10 or so songs on the playlist. I have Spotify fr...
  • jeffhpc1
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Die Musik wird leiser, wenn ich eine Benachrichtigung bekomme (im Lautlosmodus)

Wenn ich Musik hoere wird diese immer leiser, wenn ich eine Benachrichtigung bekomme im Lautlosmodus. Wie kann ich das abschalten?

• Wenn ich Musik hoere wird diese immer leiser, wenn ich eine Benachrichtigung bekomme im Lautlosmodus. Wie kann ich das abschalten?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Heos and Spotify Connect

I'm unable to connect my Heos device to my Samsung Galaxy S7. This just happened, probably today or yesterday. I don't see the icon for my home's Heos device. I can connect and play from other apps and programs however, like Pandora and music on my p...

• I'm unable to connect my Heos device to my Samsung Galaxy S7. This just happened, probably today or yesterday. I don't see the icon for my home's Heos device. I can connect and play from other apps a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volver a descargar mis Playlists

Hola, llevo tiempo siendo premium y tengo un problema con mis playlists. Las tengo descargadas para usarlas en modo Offline, pero de vez en cuando debo volver a descargarlas porque ya no estan descargadas, siendo muy engorroso. Ayudenme por favor, el...

• Visitor
  • Hola, llevo tiempo siendo premium y tengo un problema con mis playlists. Las tengo descargadas para usarlas en modo Offline, pero de vez en cuando debo volver a descargarlas porque ya no estan descar...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When unlocking screen music stop.

So I have a Google pixel 2 xl and I'll be listening my music when I get a notification or anything. I hit my finger print scanner and the music stops. On my other pixel I don't have this problem. I checked the settings and I can't figure it out.

• Casual Listener
  • So I have a Google pixel 2 xl and I'll be listening my music when I get a notification or anything. I hit my finger print scanner and the music stops. On my other pixel I don't have this problem. I c...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Being charged data usage for streaming videos but I've never watched a video?

Hi thereHoping someone can help. My service provider offers free data for spotify but only for audio streaming. I have never watched a video on spotify before but they are saying that I have been streaming videos? How can I make sure that I am only s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there Hoping someone can help.  My service provider offers free data for spotify but only for audio streaming.  I have never watched a video on spotify before but they are saying that I...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford B-Max Sync and Spotify

I have some problems. I have installed Spotify in 2 phones. When I use a phone I need everytime search new app in Ford Sync because I don't see Spotify app. After it's not possible to change songs in phone but only with car. Why???

• Regular
  • I have some problems. I have installed Spotify in 2 phones. When I use a phone I need everytime search new app in Ford Sync because I don't see Spotify app. After it's not possible to change songs in...
  • Clabs1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

local files without premium

I don't have spotify premium but I would like to add local files to my mobile device (android 7.0) is there any other way than to download the playlist as I cannot download songs?

• I don't have spotify premium but I would like to add local files to my mobile device (android 7.0) is there any other way than to download the playlist as I cannot download songs?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast devices not visible unless I force-close app and relaunch.

At least half the time I use spotify on my android devices, my chromecasts (1 video and 2 audio) are not visible unless I either force-close and relaunch the app, reconnect wifi, or both. Other apps have no difficulty detecting chromecasts on the net...

• At least half the time I use spotify on my android devices, my chromecasts (1 video and 2 audio) are not visible unless I either force-close and relaunch the app, reconnect wifi, or both. Other apps ...
  • mapex
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Scrobbling / Last.fm support using Chromecast Audio

I would love to get a Chromecast Audio, but I really enjoy tracking my songs via Last.fm. Will the songs you listen to be scrobbled (i.e. submitted to last.fm) when you are streaming or casting via the Chromecast Audio? And if not, are there any work...

• Music Fan
  •   I would love to get a Chromecast Audio, but I really enjoy tracking my songs via Last.fm. Will the songs you listen to be scrobbled (i.e. submitted to last.fm) when you are streaming or ...
  • SubzeroSC
  • Roadie
  • 70 replies
  • 71 likes
  • 70 replies
  • 71 likes

Downgraded search function? Search by year etc.

Just noticed that the 'year:1998' search function no longer works in the android app. Genre:indie and label:epitaph searches still work. The Spotify help Twitter account have confirmed you can't search by year in the android app. Why remove this func...

• Casual Listener
  • Just noticed that the 'year:1998' search function no longer works in the android app. Genre:indie and label:epitaph searches still work. The Spotify help Twitter account have confirmed you can't sear...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalize, more bass

Hi! I have a question. I use spotify on android huawei honor phone. How can i hear more bass. I have seen in the setting quality of music but its an other thing. Thank you!

• Hi!   I have a question. I use spotify on android huawei honor phone. How can i hear more bass. I have seen in the setting quality of music but its an other thing.    Thank you!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stockage important

BonjourL'appli Spotify utilise 10 Go sur ma carte SD alors que je n'ai telecharge aucun titre, tout juste une dizaine d'album sauvegarde dans mes playlists. Je suis loin des 1Go preconises.Merci de votre aide.Willy

• Bonjour L'appli Spotify utilise 10 Go sur ma carte SD alors que je n'ai telecharge aucun titre, tout juste une dizaine d'album sauvegarde dans mes playlists. Je suis loin des 1Go preconises. Merci ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes