Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Sleep time for all

Sleep time for all

The timer function was recently removed for alot of users and is something that makes using the app a necessity for alot of people. Some people may be able to use it but disabling it can and does cause issues for alot of people. If leaving the platform or using other methods to shut spotify off after a certain time isnt something spotify is worried about ok, but it is a feature that the community loves and should stay in the app. I dont want to leave Spotify but the constant changing of app structure learning towards removing features is appalling and makes me and others feel uncared for by this company. More features given and  less taken from your customers means more money and more retention 

1 Reply

Hey @Jrkill97

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

You should be able to find the Sleep timer in the mobile app. You just need to tap on the 3 dots in Now playing view > Sleep timer. 

Captura.PNG

If you want to set it while listening to a podcast you just need to tap on the clock icon: 

Captura 2.PNG

Keep in mind that the Sleep Timer is currently not available when playing music over a Spotify Connect Device, like smart speakers. For more info, we suggest that you check this post. 

Additionally, this feature is not available on the desktop app. However, it looks like other users would enjoy having this option there as well. If you'd like to have it on the desktop app, you can add your vote to this idea by clicking on the Thumbs up icon. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it. 

If you're not able to see the Sleep timer in your mobile app, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the options you get in the Now playing view so we can have a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts