Plan

Premium 

Country

The Netherlands 

Device

Samsung Galaxy A30s

Operating System

Android 10

So, normally playlist's work fine and aren't slow at all. Whenever I import songs from pc to a playlist on my phone and I scroll through the different songs it seems slow.. The music plays fine but scrolling though the songs seems slow/ stutters.. 

I've tried doing a clean install of Spotify, set the battery optimisation off for Spotify, gave it all the permissions needed, cleared the cache etc but none of it seems to work. 

I gotta say to, I have 4 playlist's, 3 of them stutter but 1 of them seems fine and doesn't show any stutter/ slowdown. 

Help, what can I do? 

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @DryNikoBellic,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!     

Good job on the troubleshooting steps you've done so far! If you're using an SD card for Spotify and your downloads, make sure it's not formatted as "Internal" memory since formatting an SD Card to be used as Internal memory (called "Adoptable Storage") creates issues with the Spotify cache and downloads. 

If that doesn't fix things, could you share how many items the playlists contain? Also - does the slowdown/ stutter occur on your desktop device or with any other playlists, imported files or not?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts