Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Fire tv

All of a sudden my spotify isnt playing in my fire tv. Sometimes it plays but no music comes out others it doesnt even play. It worked fine yesterday.

• Regular
  • All of a sudden my spotify isnt playing in my fire tv. Sometimes it plays but no music comes out others it doesnt even play. It worked fine yesterday.
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution What is the wake word for the voice control feature?

What is the wake word for voice control? The legal notice mentions a wake word, but I can't find any information about it. It would seem silly to implement a voice control feature that requires a long press on the screen to activate. I am hoping to s...

• What is the wake word for voice control? The legal notice mentions a wake word, but I can't find any information about it. It would seem silly to implement a voice control feature that requires a lon...
  • Galarkin-us
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Nvidia Shield Spotify App - Hanging

Hi Guys, Having a peculiar issue with the spotify android app on my nvidia shield Brief description of the issue: Spotify app seemingly "hanging" when accessing the network Steps to reproduce the issue:Stream Music (Any Playlist)After playing a seemi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys,   Having a peculiar issue with the spotify android app on my nvidia shield   Brief description of the issue: Spotify app seemingly "hanging" when accessing the network &nbsp...
  • EricBuist
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android TV
    hanging
    Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth car controls stopped working [Kenwood]

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemAndroid 9.0.0 My Question or IssueAfter the recent updates i have issues skipping songs, play/pause ect. using my cars headunit, which is a Kenwood DDX4017BT.Sometimes after closing and opening...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device OnePlus 6T Operating System Android 9.0.0   My Question or Issue After the recent updates i have issues skipping songs, play/pause ect. using my car...
  • anttosuhonen
  • Visitor
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

How be a betatester?

This is my ask, how i can be a betatester?

• Regular
  • This is my ask, how i can be a betatester?
  • LatentTwist
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify auto-starting when i close a call

Spotify app is close in my phone. I make a call with my bluetooth headphones.When the call ends automatically start spotify and playing music!!I have to stop the music.. and close spotify always.Someone have the same problem and any resolution to sol...

• Visitor
  • Spotify app is close in my phone. I make a call with my bluetooth headphones. When the call ends automatically start spotify and playing music!! I have to stop the music.. and close spotify al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • auto
    bluetooth
    start
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Spotify freezes Sony android tv

Hi there,I've a Sony Bravia X8500F and I use Spotify constantly for hours every day.The issue is that, every day, after few hours of listening, Spotify starts to freeze and then freezes the whole TV, remote doesn't work anymore, I can only unplug the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I've a Sony Bravia X8500F and I use Spotify constantly for hours every day. The issue is that, every day, after few hours of listening, Spotify starts to freeze and then freezes the whole...
  • ebsc
  • 7 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 7 replies
  • 17 likes

No sound on Nvidia Shield since 1.29.0

Hello,Since the Android TV version Nvidia Shield impossible to play a spotify sound.Any version higher than 1.20.0 no longer works. there is no more sound output on the Nvidia Shield1.29.01.30.01.31.0Require to remain in version 1.20.0 Premium Device...

• Visitor
  • Hello, Since the Android TV version Nvidia Shield impossible to play a spotify sound. Any version higher than 1.20.0 no longer works. there is no more sound output on the Nvidia Shield 1.29.0 1.3...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android TV
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics

PlanPremiumCountryMéxicoDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHow can I show lyrics (in supported songs of course) on my phone?I have a family plan, my sister has the lyrics showing in her phone, the Spotify app in m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country México Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue How can I show lyrics (in supported songs of course) on my phone? I have a fa...
  • mrgm2891
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't see all of my songs on the "add to playlist" button

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceSamsung Galaxy J6Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen i'm adding songs in a playlist via the "add songs" button I get to my songs, but when I get to the end of the list, the arrow doesn’t appear to continu...

• Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Samsung Galaxy J6 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When i'm adding songs in a playlist via the "add songs" button I get to my songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution (Galaxy s9) music stops

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(Samsung Galaxy 9)Operating System(Android.) My Question or IssueI've had spotify for a few years and never had a problem until I bought the S9. It stops playing after a few songs, sometimes in the middle of a song. I've s...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device (Samsung Galaxy 9) Operating System (Android.)   My Question or Issue I've had spotify for a few years and never had a problem until I bought th...
  • mogrant
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify music Offline stops after a few minutes on Samsung Galaxy phone

PlanPremium Country DeviceSamsung Galaxy A10Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHi all,My SAMSUNG GALAXY A10 stops playing music on Offline Mode after a fewminutes.Searching through the help forum this issue hasn't really helped- I've been...

•   Plan Premium   Country   Device Samsung Galaxy A10 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hi all, My SAMSUNG GALAXY A10 stops playing music on Offline...
  • javiseh
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Samsung music stops
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Chromecast broken?

Getting "Can't play this right now" against both Chromcast devices I have from within Spotify. Other apps work fine with Chromecast. Any ideas? I'm using the release version of Spotify.

• Visitor
  • Getting "Can't play this right now" against both Chromcast devices I have from within Spotify. Other apps work fine with Chromecast. Any ideas? I'm using the release version of Spotify.
  • naguz
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files Won't Play On Android

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceAndroid LG Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueHi! I've been using Spotify on my phone for years, and I have Premium. Until now, local files that I put on my computer transferred over to my phone just fine after co...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Android LG  Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Hi! I've been using Spotify on my phone for years, and I have Premium. Until no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Local files not downloading
    Mac
    PC
    Phone app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there a way to get an older version of the spotify app on android?

Its been 6 months since they updated their app and It's still pretty much a big screw you to the free users removing functions so they could put in premium which is a shame. And they're not doing anything to fix it. So if theres a way to find an olde...

• Roadie
  •    Its been 6 months since they updated their app and It's still pretty much a big screw you to the free users removing functions so they could put in premium which is a shame. And they're...
  • LatentTwist
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback skipping on pixel4

PlanPremium duoCountryCanadaDeviceGoogle pixel 4Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI signed up for premium duo yesterday and sent an invite to my girlfriend. When she is trying to listen to songs, the playback is skipping and pausing and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium duo Country Canada Device Google pixel 4 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I signed up for premium duo yesterday and sent an invite to my girlfriend. When...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Randomly Pausing on Android

Like i said in title, Spotify randomly pauses the song and keep playing after 1-2 seconds. I tried to turn off the battery optimization, restarting phone, clean install of Spotify, even factory reset. But none of them didn't help. What can I do? *i c...

• Visitor
  • Like i said in title, Spotify randomly pauses the song and keep playing after 1-2 seconds. I tried to turn off the battery optimization, restarting phone, clean install of Spotify, even factory reset...
  • Rvo20
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Compatibility with OnePlus 6T

Hello, I just Hard rested my device and as I was restoring my apps, all succeeded except Spotify. I'm using OnePlus 6T. The device is running OxygenOS 10.3.3 on top of Android 10.

• Visitor
  • Hello, I just Hard rested my device and as I was restoring my apps, all succeeded except Spotify. I'm using OnePlus 6T. The device is running OxygenOS  10.3.3 on top of Android 10. 
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • compatibility
    OnePlus 6t
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete downloaded songs?

I have spotify for android, and recently it came to my attention that someone had hacked into my account (someone kept playing music on a device that was unfamiliar). I managed to fix the issue, logged out of all devices, changed my password and emai...

• Visitor
  • I have spotify for android, and recently it came to my attention that someone had hacked into my account (someone kept playing music on a device that was unfamiliar). I managed to fix the issue, logg...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Order playlists when adding songs

When I want to add a song to a playlist, can I reorder playlists to help find the right one? I know when I go to my library I can choose the order when searching for a playlist, but if I find a song I like and want to add it to a playlist clicking on...

• When I want to add a song to a playlist, can I reorder playlists to help find the right one? I know when I go to my library I can choose the order when searching for a playlist, but if I find a song ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes