Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Slow sync and download on Android

Slow sync and download on Android

I have just upgraded to premium and have noticed that when syncing from pc to android over my wireless network it is extrememely slow, like 10 songs in 5 hours. I have a 20Mb connection and 300Mb wireless network in my house so i can rule that out. Also when just downloading withinn the spotify app on my phone it is just as slow, but when downloading just to my pc it is normal speed. Any help is appreciated

12 Replies

bump.

bump!

if I bump will that speed it up?

@tomar5e wrote:

bump.

bump what

@tomar5e wrote:

bump.

@tomar5e wrote:

bump.

Same problem here. Just got my new Galaxy S3 lte and it started the download yesterday, however due to internet crashing down it stopped. Today it's been constantly Sync error even though I've closed the program, resetted the device and so. Help would be nice 🙂

wow 2016 almost ends and the same problem still exist:

SLOW to download/sync offline collections.

Streaming works fine but download/sync only runs around 128Kb/s max (yes kilobits, not kilobytes).

I have been trying to download the same 100 songs for 5 hours now. That is RIDICULOUS. Just a few weeks ago it only took about 10 minutes to download that many. (I'm a dance teacher, so I switch out my playlists a lot)

Maybe try the download on a couple of different wifi signals; at home and at work maybe and see if the speed is the same? At least then you can completely narrow it down to problems with the app. If it's still the app reinstall it and see if that helps, if that doesn't help then try making a playlist with only one song and see if it's the same download rate (then you can rule out the playlist size having any effect). If it still does it then maybe try on a different device (if you have one) to compare to rule out the device being the cause of the problem. Let me know if thats any help!

Only Spotify that is very slow. All other apps can download st max bandwidth (3MB/s). While Spotify at 128kb/s.

Mind the Bytes, and bits.

Have not tried on other device though.

Worth a bash, you'll then know whether the spotify problem is specific to android/iOs or whatever. Helps narrow it down a little. My guess is servers if you've tried everything else, probably not at your end.

Hi there! 

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I was fighting with it for about 7 hours last night/this morning. My computer, smartphone, and tablet were all on the same wifi signal (as usual) and my computer and tablet had no problems downloading the playlists. I made several of varying sizes from 1 - 100 and tried doing them one at the time and it was just horrible.

I thought my tablet had downloaded them just fine and was starting to think it was a Samsung issue, but then when I went to play my music off my tablet, there were no tracks downloaded after I had checked and played them last night! Although my computer is still doing great in that regard. 

Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and restarted phone in between before experimenting with 1 playlist at a time. 😞

I'd probably say reach out to spotify in that case, it must either be the tablet not liking spotify or spotify not liking the tablet

Contact form: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/spotifycares

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours. 

My husband and I both have accounts and I have an Android and he an iPhone. We haven't had any issues for about a year until now, and it's downloading SOOOO slow for both of us. It's not our internet, because we have had zero problems with anything else. We have 100 MBPS and really only use 1-3 devices at a time.

My husband switches his music out daily and I only switch things out once in a while. But it's crazzzzy slow

Suggested posts