Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

So disappointed in the deterioration of my premium membership

So disappointed in the deterioration of my premium membership

I've been a premium member for a few years now.  Over the past 6-8 months, things on my Samsung Galaxy S3 has gotten to the point I can't even use the app.  The load time (for even downloaded playlists) can take up to 3 minutes when I am in a 4G area.

Now today it took almost 2 minutes for my desktop version of the app on my Mac to load.

What the heck is going on!  I'm seriously about to drop my account and move onto a competitive service.  Things use to be super fast, not I am waiting for the app more than I am actually listening to music!

5 Replies

Hey there @sawyer1370! Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear that you're having issues here!

Having trouble with your android device? Click this link to find out some good steps to solve most issues.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I had already uninstalled the old version of Spotify and downloaded and installed the most recent version.  It is a little faster, but the response time isn't nearly as good as it was a year or more ago.  I don't know if it is an issue with me having a phone that is a couple years old (which shouldn't be a problem) or if it is the fact that there are many more users of the application.

Either way, there is no way for me to contact tech support for Spotify, and the best I can do is post here.  That doesn't make me very happy since I am paying $10 a month for the service, and the performance of the service isn't very good!

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Also you can contact support on their Twitter account @SpotifyCares or using the contact form here.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Daniel,

I have done a clean install just as the directions advise.  I am connected to my home network, so my wireless strength is 100%, as I am sitting at my desk where my wireless router is.

It took almost 60 seconds for me to view one of my playlists from the list of all my playlists.  Then when I selected a song to play, it took over 30 seconds for the song to begin to play once I selected it.  Then it took over 20 seconds for the song to stop playing once I hit the stop button.

Then I left that playlist and went to another playlist.  It took almost 30 seconds for the second playlist to load after I selected it.  Then it took almost 20 seconds for the first song to play when I selected it.

You tell me, given that I am connected to a wireless network with 100% signal strength, it that normal and expected behavior from the app?  If it is, then I am very disappointed because when I first signed up for my premium account with Spotify 3 years ago, things were much faster.  Just being connected for a 4G connection it would take less than 5 seconds to perform all the same functions.

Maybe I have unrealistic expectations of Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3, but Pandora loads and starts playing in under 10 seconds.  And I can browse from station to station and play songs from one station to another takes under 5 seconds.

Please advise, am I expecting too much?

Hey @sawyer1370! From what I see, you should be functioning smoothly, I know it doesn't really help you, but I'm not experiencing any of this on my devices. Was the support team not able to help?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram

Suggested posts