Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved: Stream directly to smartwatch

Solved: Stream directly to smartwatch

So I am a new user of Spotify. I am however a highly skilled IT technician. It took me all day to figure this out and several chats with Spotify Help. none of which knew how to do it. I chose Spotify because it said it was possible to stream to a smartwatch. (Even though I was told by a chat help person it was not) 

Now I will start off by saying I have only tried this with the app for Samsung Gear. But, I did get it to work. It gives me full access (with Premium Account) to everything including my playlists. No need to download them. Maybe this will help steer others, if the apps are different on different devices, on how to do it.

Also, something to take notice of:

This does not work if you created your account using Facebook

(however Spotify will help you change your account to a non-Facebook account)

One you log into your app on your smartwatch and are where you can select what you are going to listen to (i.e. recently played, Featured Playlists etc.... )

Scroll all the way to the bottom and go into "Settings". 

Change "Playback" to "Stream on LTE/3G"

At this point you can turn off "Bluetooth" and "WiFi" power the watch off and back on again and you can stream anything you would normally stream using your phone or WiFi without haveing either of them around or even on.

No more need to download playlists on to your watch. (storage space on smartwatches are small enough as they are without having to fill the limited space with music) No more need to carry your phone just to listen to music on your watch. 

Hope this helps people wanting to do this.

1 Reply

It must be premium account?

Suggested posts