Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some Offline issues

Solved!

Some Offline issues

I have read a few treads I could not find any who describes my problem exactly  so I'll try a new one and see if anyone has an answer.

1. To start with some songs does not show in synced playlists, the Spotify App just says Loading... on them and nothing happens, if I click on the track I'll get an info screen that says nothing.

2. Some songs wont sync to my phone, they are grayed out, and the same thing happen when I click them, an info screen appears and tells me nothing...

It's very frustrating that Spotify cant tell me whats is wrong or why the track isn't available.

The things I have tried to resolve this problem is the following.

1. Clear the cache and resync the playslists. No change

2. Remove the Spotify App, clear all files from the phone that mentions Spotify and reinstall Spotify. No change

3. Factory reset of phone, install only Spotify on the phone and resync playlists. No change

This leads my to that it's a bug in the Spotify App, and that my phone is not to blame that this is not working.

Phone model: Google Nexus S

Carrier: Telia SE

Spotify Premium Account

I would be very happy if I there could be some offical answer from a Spotify Employee on these problems. 

I'll include screenshots for the specific problems, and hope that it will help.

//zekel

Screenshot_2012-06-01-11-17-18.pngScreenshot_2012-06-01-11-18-06.pngScreenshot_2012-06-01-11-18-12.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Zekel - This looks like our older app. We have a more recent, totally redeveloped Android app available from our Preview page here: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

This should work better with your Nexus. If you could give this a go, then get back to us. Hopefully it should work more nicely.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Zekel - This looks like our older app. We have a more recent, totally redeveloped Android app available from our Preview page here: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

This should work better with your Nexus. If you could give this a go, then get back to us. Hopefully it should work more nicely.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks.

I have downloaded the App from Google Play, but I'll give this a try and get back as soon as I have tried it.

Thanks

The new clients looks really good, I did not have to resync any playlists and all tracks that was "messed up" are working now.

But it would be intresting to know what caused it... only missing Playlist folders at the moment.

//Daniel

Awesome. That's nice to hear. I'm sure folders are being looked into. When you'll have them though, I don't know. Hopefully soon.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts