Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs in a local file playlist download from my laptop but others don't

Some songs in a local file playlist download from my laptop but others don't

So i made a playlist of an album i have the mp3s for. i am able to sync some of the playlist but others appear to be download with a green arrow and then goes gray arrow and isn't available. its always the same songs. they play fine on the laptop.

any ideas?

already changed storage and cleared cache.

4 Replies

Any chance of a screen capture showing the playlist?

Screenshot_SmartSelect_2017-10-23-19-56-10.jpg

Untitled.png

The album Once is available on Spotify in most countries. Recently, many users have been reporting that music has suddenly become unavailable to them as reported in this bug topic. Now for the tricky bit...because the songs in your playlist are named correctly, they will be linked to spotify's database so, if the database decides that a track is unplayable, it will be unplayable even if it is a local file. The way around this would be to rename all the tracks and the artist so that spotify can't link them - simply adding a short prefix such as "xx" should do it.

However, it's also possible that the downloaded tracks which do play were downloaded from spotify and are not your local files. The only way to be sure is to rename everything as I suggested then try syncing the playlist to your mobile again. Alternatively, hold tight and wait for Spotify to sort out the mess with the disappeared music.

Suggested posts