Premium 

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy Z Fold 5, Galaxy Tab S8+, Windows PC

Operating System

(Android 14 OneUI 6.1, Windows 11 N)

My Question or Issue

It seems that a recent and previously "Fixed" bug has come back. When setting songs to repeat one, songs tend to restart midway instead of from the beginning. This especially happens if I come back to the spotify app after a few hours (say I came back from work and want to listen to the song I was listening to before).

The funny thing is, this only happens for the first 1-2 repeats after coming back to spotify after a few hours, then is very occasional. Happens on almost all platforms (I can't test apple devices).

Another peculiar observation, which might be nothing but a coincidence, is that the midway restart point of the song is not random. It almost feels like the Automix feature is on (it is NOT). The songs almost always start from their main stanza (or otherwise known as the main part or hook in some cases), and the crossfade between the end of the song and the transition back to the main hook SEEMS very intentional to me, as if somehow the Automix feature is interfering even though it is off.

2 Replies

Hey @skbtwiz,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We'd recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your devices. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here

If after doing that this continues to happen, we'd like to gather some additional info:

• Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running on the affected devices? 
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update?
  • Were you using Connect when you first noticed this behavior?

It'd be awesome if you could send further info, so we can continue investigating.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I would like to report a bug in the Spotify player (tested on the web player and iOS). When I put a song on repeat and close the web player in the middle of the song, upon resuming playback from where it stopped previously, the new playback starts from where it was stopped before (before closing the player).

Example: Playback of the song "Ego Brain" (System of a Down) on repeat Song listened to until 1'57" Player Closed Player restarted Resumed playback of the song from 1'57" When the song ends, since it's on repeat, it restarts playback from 1'57".

Suggested posts