NEXT STEP

Sort Albums by release date

Sort Albums by release date

Country

Brazil

Operating System

(Android 11)

My Question or Issue

Recently i started to use the function to add the albums i listen to in my library, but the sorting functions don't serve me completely as i would like to sort my albums by release date. I've seen a lot of posts here talking about changes in  sorts types, and I've seen that this function exists for podcasts but it would be very useful to have this function in my library when I select the saved albums. I saw that when we sort albums by recently added, and use the scroll bar to see all albums, next to the bar appears the month the album was saved in the library, so the function sort by release date could be similar.

6 Replies

Hey there @vineco

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

It seems that other users feel the way you do and posted this idea about sorting albums by release date. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

Also, you can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Absolutely agree with this one!

Should absolutely have Newest to Oldest and vice versa, as you already do for Podcasts. The link to the other article you refer to in your response is to a closed issue that is flagged as no action will be taken.

Agree! Even if there was an option to see release date next to the song title, it would make manual sorting easier. Would definitely appreciate the ability to sort by release date

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Can the developers please make a filter, so then I can listen on Android the the discography in oldest to latest album. This would be so great. 

Please send the idea to the right place that we can enjoy this new feature all together.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Clemens

The right place to post ideas is the Idea section of the Community: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

Please make sure the idea is original and vote on an existing idea if it matches your.

Also, make sure to read the Idea Exchange Guidelines: https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/Idea-Exchange-Guidelines-What-do-I-need-to-know-before/ta-p/51...

Suggested posts