Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song shows wrong time

Song shows wrong time

When listening on my pc, I use my phone to control the music. But when any song starts the player skips forward about 1 minute. The actual song still plays normally but the time on the player is wrong. This only happens when I select my PC on the devices menu on my phone and listen that way.

6 Replies

Have the same thing on my mobile phone... 

Hey @inulol and @ngeg_oasx-hq,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out 🙂

Have you tried restarting your devices? This is a step, that's very effective, but often overlooked. If the issue persists afterwards, it's possible that some of the app's files have gotten damaged and are interfering with the Connect feature. This is usually solved by performing a clean reinstall on both devices. You'll find the necessary steps here

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've reset my phone the problem persists daily and it's incredibly annoying when I don't know how much time is left in the song. The Android spotify app is incredibly glitchy altogether. I think most people are just too lazy to report them since the restarting the app will at least let the major functions work.

Hey @ramcclellan,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Are there any changes?

You can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

I've also reset my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app. Still showing as if the song has not started when I have another device selected for listening. For instance I use my phone the control the queue on spotify. It plays either way but once I connect to my Google home mini it no longer updates the song time or song on spotify app.

Hey @Luma47,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts