Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Starting from the middle or later

Songs Starting from the middle or later

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Lately Songs in the "made for you" playlists are suddenly played from the middle, some are played for the last few seconds. The crossfade and gapless play are disabled, but that doesn't stop this absolutely insane behaviour. The problem is similar to bug mentioned on the MacOS and Windows client.

8 Replies

Hey @nevasith thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community 

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

No change. Still same problem. I can provoke it by opening a random "made for you" playlis, select song before the butchered one and wait for it to finish.  I've noticed there are songs that are cut like that every time they get put in. It's insanely annoying! New level of treshing: last 10 SECONDS of song played only.

EDIT - I haven't tried reinstalling but reboots did nothing. Also, it seems like it's the same songs being hit

Hey again!

So is it only one song or is it any song you play?

Also when you get a chance those reboots almost always fix a problem.

Let me know,
Jack 🙂

Hi Jack

It's not only song, but I see that those are usually the same songs that cause it when they pop into the daily mix type of playlists and if this happens once, it will happen always. My current mix has two such broken songs, one starts from the middle, the other is literally last few seconds. I can rewind them manually, then they work as intended, but if their turn comes "naturally", they will always be played from this point.

That's why I suggested it's a bug since it happens even after clearing the cache and rebooting the phone.

Hey @nevasith

That is quite strange to hear. Unfortunately there is nothing that you and I could do about a broken song, album, excetera. The best course of action would be submitting a report to Spotify Direct Customer Support. You can go ahead and do that here.

Until Spotify is able to fix these songs you will unfortunately have to rewind every time. Voice of meditech can you go ahead and try the same songs using your account on a computer? Let me know how that goes.

Best, 

Jack 🙂 

Hi again Jack

I'll try this with a computer in a few days when I'm back. Maybe it was the playlist itself that is damaged - I read on PC and Mac forum that there was some failed 'feature' that was trying to mix songs as sort of a virtual DJ

Sounds good let me know how it goes!

The daily playlist reset before I could get it, but manually made one with those songs didn't show similar problem if that helps, I'm not sure

Suggested posts