Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I recently switched from an Samsung Galaxy S7 to an S8 and had no issues with playback on the S7. I have several playlists downloaded so that I can listen to them offline, but also stream tracks using both Wi-Fi and 4G. I've found than it's really common for tracks to randomly pause, theres no pattern as to what time in the song it pauses, and it doesn't happen on all songs. I've listened to a song once, its been fine, listened again ands it paused, then later again its been fine. Once the song has paused, I can press play and it will resume, but its annoying having to keep on doing this. My phone has up to date software, and I have tried deleting and reinstalling Spotify but to no avail. It also happens on both downloaded playlists and streamed songs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

9 Replies

I have a Galaxy S9 with the exact same problem. I've tried everything I can think of. It's not trxt notifications, and I've turnedall other notifications off. Seems to happen for no reason, and it is very annoying. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Samsung Galaxy Note 8, exactly the same problem. >.>

premium account

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on oreo same issue.

music pause playing  by itself (seems random).

made sure spotify app is not in the optimized battery list.

I can add that before it pause the music it won't update the current song on lock screen either.

tried clearing cache and data - didn't help,

uninstalled and installed fresh - same issue !

spotify app version : 8.4.70.666 armV7

it's annoying - please fix this !

Yeah I forgot to mention about the lock screen and widget showing the incorrect song playing too, which is pretty annoying.

Me too n both counts. Spotify, any suggestons on your part?

This, plus the songs pausing happens to me too. I have the LG G7 ThinQ running Android 8.0.0. I've tried clearing my cache and reinstalling and I continue to have connection issues.

I am having the same issue as well. Did you ever get yours resolved? My songs are pausing quite often and it's extremely inconvenient since I mainly use it when I'm bartending and driving. I have to constantly hit play again and sometimes it pauses within seconds of pushing play. Spotify, any resolution?

Mine seems to have sorted itsself out now to be honest, it hasn't happened in a while. I didn't update it or redownload or anything either, its just kind of fixed its self, not very helpful if its started happening to you I know, sorry. If its any help, mine did it for about 6 weeks before it corrected itsself.

I think it was more of a server issue which Spotify team resolved rether than a app related one.

Anyway There we're two updates since,

so the problem kinda fixed as far as I can say.

My Current app version 8.44.77.779 if you got older version Try uninstalling -> restart device -> reinstall fresh .. hope that's help.

Suggested posts