Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep redownloading in downloaded playlists

Songs keep redownloading in downloaded playlists

This is already the 3rd device (OnePlus 8T) in the past year I'm experiencing this on. I download a playlist, only for it to keep redownloading some songs every single time I open the app, it became so unbearably annoying that I am considering ditching the Premium service. Also, why does the Android Spotify app look like it's stuck in 2010 compared to the iOS app. No default search bar, really?

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your downloads. Could you let us know if you're using an SD-card? If you are it's possible that it's displaying errors and causing the cache to get corrupted. In order to test this, we suggest removing it and running a clean reinstall. This is a good idea in any case as it removes any damaged app files that might be causing such issues. If that doesn't help, could you borrow a friend or family members account and see if you can replicate the behavior there? 

You can access the search bar also on Android. This page might help with that. If you have any ideas for the improvement of this feature, you can submit an idea on our board. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what improvements our users would like to see and how many people support a specific idea. You can learn more about it here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you would have payed any attention to my post, you would have noticed, that I'm using it on a device with no SD card slots. I've reinstalled the app millions of times by now (after every time, you have to redownload thousands of songs again), on 3 DIFFERENT DEVICES, and it still redownloads songs on every app opening. Is this supposed to be a feature?

Yes, my idea for the search bar would be simple - make it the same as in iOS, without the need for the inconvenience to open some menu and search for it - simplicity. Why is this feature not present on Android?

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you share the approximate number of your downloaded songs? Note also that for optimum performance, we recommend having at least 1GB of free memory on your device. 

It would also really help the troubleshooting process if you could test if this comes up on the same device(s) with another account. is that an option for you?

We'd love to investigate this further! 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1K+ songs. My device has over 180 GB of free storage space. No, I do not have that option.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We've identified a widespread issue with users' downloads which is currently being investigated.

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure to head over to this Ongoing Issue thread, click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Cheers!

Suggested posts