Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stop playing, app going offline

Solved!

Songs stop playing, app going offline

I used the preview version on my desire hd and it worked great. I then upgraded to the final release and started getting problems. The app seems to go onlineand offline at will and songs stop playing at random. Even the downloaded songs and even if the app is set to offline mode. I didn't bother to fix it sinceI bought the galaxy s3, but the problems appear on the new phone as well. I did the following:
Installed the new app from google play store.
Logged in with spotify username and password. I tried facebook as well.
I downloaded a playlist in high quality.
I played it. The song stops after a short while at random.

Any solution?
66 Replies

I have the same issues on Galaxy S 2.3.6 - never had any issues on the previous version.

Strange that this is marked as solved at the start of the topic while it isn't!

EDIT: Changed the status.

You're right, I must have accitently pressed the "accept as solution"-button instead of the reply-button... Anyways, it is "un-solved" again now, so maybe it will have more focus. Until it is acctually solved, I'm rocking the preview version which at least works.

Hi,

I've now got a response from Spotify on this. They say it is a known issue and they are working on a fix as a priority.

I also mentioned in my email response that the app seems to crash regularly and the login screen sometimes gets stuck. None of these issues occured in the preview version so I can't understand how it has gone so badly wrong!

Anyway, he said that a temporary workaround was to turn of the phone, remove the battery for 30secs, and try again. This did not work for me. He also asked if I had an 3rd party music players on my phone, which I don't as I have tried from a factory default phone.

All in all, the app is currently unusable until a fix is made, and so I'll have to use the preview version for the moment. It's all quite frustrating that we have this when the i-phone has had yet another update to include spotify radio!!

Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!!

Okay, so my Spotify support user asked me to uninstall the app, clearing my cache first. And then reinstalling the new update and syncing from fresh. I'll give it a go and let you know.

@ijeanes I've tried those steps serveral times and it didn't help me any.  My support person suggested I uninstall all 3rd party audio apps or do a data wipe of the whole phone.  I'm not willing to do either of these suggestions.  These are steps that should be done by Spotify developers, not a paying customer!!  I resubscribed to use the preview version and was very pleased with it having no issues.  I renewed right before the offical version was released.  VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

When streaming over 3g the app goes offline in sleep mode, so i need to wake the phone up again for it to go online again-solution ?

Do you have any battery-saver apps (or settings) that stop background data during sleep?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Yes , betterbatterystats and easy battery saver .

So try disabling them for a time and see if that solves the issue
----------------

@shawnrudd yeah really? Well I'll give it a go. If not, I'll come back here and listen out for the spotify playlist 'i told you so'....

@ric_foster, I hope with you the fix is comming soon. I'v tried almost everything, except resetting to factory defaults (did that a few weeks ago). I'v also got no battery saving app or anything like that. But till now nothing helps.

So the only thing to do is trusting that Spotify keeps its words and make it a priority to fix this issue, special since its a known issue!

i have the same problem on desire hd.... its not good enough to have such a bad bug, not when i'm paying for the service.... get the finger out !

...installed the preview version and things seem be back to normal... always good to have a good version to get onto.

sorry, just as i sent that, the problem came back....fook sake

@dillonmichael wrote:

...installed the preview version and things seem be back to normal... always good to have a good version to get onto.

The preview version is out of date. Install the latest release from the Play store.

If that fails then follow the steps in PerBonomi's sticky thread at the top of this forum? See here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Trouble-with-the-latest-release-Let-us-know/td-p/8636...

----------------

@licenced wrote:

If that fails then follow the steps in PerBonomi's sticky thread at the top of this forum? See here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Trouble-with-the-latest-release-Let-us-know/td-p/8636...

Tried the steps from above didnt work, still the same problems

How about step 11?
----------------

Will do that tomorrow,  right now i'm going to bed. Smiley LOL Bye

My Lg optimusx2 do not download the playlist, the download do not start. And when i play my playlist, it dos not run smooth between the tracks. I have to skip foreward, the backwards to get the next track. Is there any thing i can do to get it to download, and run smooth? Thanx

Suggested posts