Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs won't play in playlist

Solved!

Songs won't play in playlist

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Note 8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

The songs that have already been added in playlist awhile back cannot be played dunno why but songs that have been recently added can be played also recently added songs in the same album as a song inside the playlist also can't be played

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Joian,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

First we'd like to recommend you to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If a clean reinstall doesn't work and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occurs within a specific playlist? If it happens while you're listening in offline mode or just in general?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Joian,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

First we'd like to recommend you to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If a clean reinstall doesn't work and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occurs within a specific playlist? If it happens while you're listening in offline mode or just in general?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Thank you very much, this helped so much because it was so frustrating not being able to listen to the songs in my playlist which I had to play certain songs that were playable.

Hi @Joian,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Have a great Friday and a wonderful start of your weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hi there, I’ve been having a similar problem for the last 2 weeks where it won’t let me click songs on my playlist or add any songs to queue. I’ve tried clearing the cache, offloading the app, deleting the app, powering my phone off, restarting my phone & reinstalling Spotify but I still have the same problem. I’m not sure what to do, can anyone help please? 

Hey there @abdxl69

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on your phone?

Additionally, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

On another note, would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’ve got the same problem. I have deinstalled reinstalled. Cleared the cache . Done a deep clean e,everything but it still won’t play. It’s frustrating because it was playing an hour ago now nothing.

Hey there @Mojorisin69,

Thanks for posting in the thread and kudos for the troubleshooting you've tried so far!

Just to check, does it happen on all devices you're using Spotify on? If possible, try logging into a different device to see if you encounter the same issue.

It would also be helpful if you could let us know what kind of device and operating system you're using, along with the Spotify version.

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts