Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Sonos speakers not showing in Spotify

Sonos speakers not showing in Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmarj

Device

OnePlus 11

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Hi,

This has not previously been an issue for me but since i switched phone (OnePlus 7 on Android 11 to OnePlus 11 on Android 13) a week ago i have had issues with my Sonos speakers not appearing in my Spotify app.

I can usually fix the issue by reauthorizing my Spotify app in Sonos S2 but this is quite irritating to have to do on a daily basis.

Ive tried most things i can think of. Reconnecting my speakers, power cycles, uninstall and reinstall app...nothing seems to give me a permanent fix.

No network changes has been performed.

Pls help!

63 Replies

Thx! Happy to help! 🙂

Honestly, I think they might know... from the few websites I've checked this feature seems to be problematic since it was introduced. I'd be happy if they give me a adb command or something to disable it permanently as in current state it still interfere with stuff even when you have it off. Real benefit of that feature is questionable anyway, imho.

BTW, OP still ignore me and the ticket I've opened, so I'll be happy if you can point them to this via yours (if the behavior will be the same on your device, ofc). 

I can confirm thet this fix worked for me immediately 👍 Will leave home
later to see how it acts when coming and leaving..

Still seems to be working for me! Brilliant stuff.

I have a slightly different problem but it sounds very related, especially the fix posted. 

I have an OP11 bought on the day of the EU release. The first couple of weeks all was good but since one of the OS updates none of my players will connect to Sonos. Neither Spotify nor Tidal or the Sonos app. 

Speaker names are visible but when selecting one, the app pause music and freeze. Logging out and in again/force stopping apps does not help. Rebooting the phone is the only way to make all music players work again. 

I'll try the wifi thing when getting home 👍

I can confirm this did only partial solved my problem. 

I am still unable to play on Sonos speakers directly from music players Spotify nor Tidal, but I got the Sonos app to work and can stream to speakers both Tidal and Spotify through here. User experience is not the same though 😪

There must be some sort of incompatibility between the phone/router/speakers combination. I didn't find anything conclusive though during my tests. On my home network I don't see in Spotify speakers which are connected via ethernet cable, it makes no sense that enabling wifi acceleration would make them visible, but it does. Same type of speaker (Beam) I can see just fine at my parent's where I use different router compared with my home network... Everything points to a problem in the phone software though as this problem wasn't there before. I haven't heard back from anyone at OP if they've acknowledged the issue at least so I have no idea whether it will be fixed or not.

Awesome, been trying to solve this for months and this is the solution. Thanks so much!

Can confirm it's still working for me when entering Wi-Fi Assistant menu and ensuring that main Wi-Fi network is set as secondary too.

As someone flagged previously I'll often have to reset the mode when leaving/rejoining the network e.g. coming back home which is a bit of a pain, but at least it works somewhat...

A longer term fix would be great, though.

Same here. Got another system update recently, however that does nothing with regards to this issue. Haven't heard from OnePlus Support still...  😐

Yeah, they are dragging their legs on this one..

You'd think that now they've been handed the cause of the issue that they
would hurry up with a solution...

Is anyone else finding that they have to keep going into the advanced settings to set up the secondary Wi-Fi network to make the Spotify Sonos connection work properly? 

Having to more frequently do it whenever I open the Spotify app even if I haven't left the house.

Same here. The phone will drop secondary wifi after a while.

Also, I noticed that it's merely the connection attempt to secondary wifi which makes the speakers visible - even if I try to connect to random wifi as a secondary and it ultimately fails, speakers became visible anyway 🙃

Interesting.

I thought it might be the router refreshing the IP address that boots the phone off and then reconnects again? 

I'm with Virgin Media in the UK.

Yes. I have to do it each time I've disconnected from my wifi network.

try disabling this setting: battery -> more settings -> sleep standby optimization

This actually seems to do some good for the issue, but still seems a
inconsistent if it works or not..

Doing my head in at the moment - constant disconnections.

Will this ever be fixed... argh

Just updated to A14 from OTA update. Issue seems resolved with A14. It has been 24hrs, works like it should with no required work-around. In USA here. 

Neat! Thanks for the info. Still waiting for it here in EU.

Suggested posts