Premium with Free Hulu

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 3a XL

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

This has been going on for a few months.  Whenever I'm listening to the android app of Spotify, there have been many moments where the sound will just suddenly cut out.  It's not muted, volume hasn't changed at all, and yet the timer keeps going.  This cut out lasts anywhere between 5 to 15 seconds and then the audio comes back, but it doesn't come back to the point where it cut out, all those muted seconds get missed.  So I find myself hitting the back button to go back a few seconds to try and catch those missed moments again, but most of the time, the audio cuts out again and it takes about 5 or more go backs before the audio finally decides to cooperate.  Again, this issue began when I first started listening to podcasts a few months ago, but it's present during normal songs as well on the app.  I currently am using Google Podcasts to listen to my shows, but I would like to keep using Spotify.

I doubt that this is any kind of connectivity or buffering issue since I always download my podcasts onto my device, yet the issue is still there.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @EBVoice,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It's a good idea to restart the device and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can try these steps. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest you try with another account on the same device. Are there any changes?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @EBVoice,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It's a good idea to restart the device and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can try these steps. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest you try with another account on the same device. Are there any changes?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

I completely have this same problem. And it's not Bluetooth, not other apps only Spotify. So frustrating. Songs cut out hever several seconds randomly.

Hey @Andydee,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you let us know the following info, so we know what to suggest next:

• Device model, OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Does the cutting out happen if you're listening without headphones or another speaker as well
  • What troubleshooting have you done so far

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

AlexModerator

this is happening to me over the last week or so as well.  was all fine.  all of a sudden the spotify app on phone and on comp is super buggy.  i have a samsung a70.  cuts out on bluetooth speaker as well as headphones plugged directly into the phone. latest versions as the autoupdate.  it is maddening.  exercising or doing work with no free hands and music just turns off.

Hey @cycadflippa,

Thanks for joining the thread!

As suggested by @Alex, please fill the following infos out so that we can take a closer look at this:

1. OS version:
 2. Spotify version:
 3. Does the cutting out happen if you're listening without headphones or on another speaker as well:
 4. What troubleshooting you have done so far:

We'd also advise you to check this thread and see if the mentioned solution fixes the issue for you.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Cheers!

VasilModerator

1. OS version: Windows 11
 2. Spotify version: 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c
 3. Does the cutting out happen if you're listening without headphones or on another speaker as well: Cutting out when listening through any bluetooth device. Wired connection is fine. 
 4. What troubleshooting you have done so far: Disconnect and reconnect bluetooth device. Uninstall and reinstall Spotify. Tried all different audio quality settings. 

Hey @UrbanDenim,

Thanks for posting your device setup details.

The version of the desktop app you are using is not up to date. Could you update your desktop app and tell us if you experience the issue afterwards?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

I am haveing this problem with a windows 11 laptop hp pavilion I tryed reinstalling the app didnt work restarted my computer also didnt work tryed force closing app and the repair features on the computer didnt work nothing is fixing the glitches on spotify I am highly annoyed that my music audio is cutting in and out the app keeps crashing and it wont open back up says error starting the servers this is a daily glitch festival no idea how to fix the issues.

**bleep** bouta say screw spotify nothing can fix the bugs they have I have a hp pavilion windows 11 spotify constantly crashes wont open back up music always cutts in and out can not fix the bugs try reinstalling nope try restarting my computer nope force close the app under my laptops settings and did a repair also no spotify fix yalls buggy client i tryed everything i get full wifi im on spectrum so wifi isnt a excuse this error been occuring since august 2022 im sick of these glitches .

Have the same issue on Pixel 5. Reinstall or restart of phone don't fix it.

Spotify please do something.

Hey @haideft

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Make sure to follow  the steps carefully.

On another note, are you having this issue with podcasts only or it's happening when you play songs as well? 

We also recommend to check if you'll experience this using external speakers/headphones.  

In case the issue persists, let us know if it happens when you're using the app on a different device and feel free to share the details that @Alex & @Vasil requested earlier, so we can take a deep look into your problem. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

LyubkaModerator

Hi @Lyubka, @Alex and @Vasil,

1. OS version: Android 13
2. Spotify version: 8.7.66.534
3. Does the cutting out happen if you're listening without headphones or on another speaker as well: Happens with headphones and external speaker or on other devices (Google Home, Nest speakers).
4. What troubleshooting you have done so far: All suggested on the thread.

Thanks

Hey there @haideft

Thanks for getting back to us and sending us this info. 

Could you let us know if the same happens using a different internet connection? Additionally, we'd like to know if this happens on all playlists or only on a specific one.

On another note, does the same happens when you log in to your account on a different device (phone or PC)? Also, would you mind sending us a video of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

@Eni,

Sorry I only use Spotify on my phone, so no idea on other devices. Still Spotify should fix that on Android since it seems I'm not the only one. Plus I'm not using the Free version so I would expect something that works, I am being very disappointed in the product. The clean reinstall helps for a day then it's back to cutting in and out every few seconds.

I am not sure what you mean by sending you a video. How can I send you a video of what happens when I listen to podcasts or music? Please explain the procedure.

Hi there @haideft,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. We're really sorry that you feel this way and we understand that it can feel frustrating when it doesn't work as it should for you. Let's continue to have a closer look into this together.

Can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

It would also be great if you can try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists?

If it's possible, you can do a screen recording by following the steps bellow:

1. Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
  2. Tap Screen record . You might need to swipe right to find it.
  3. Choose what you want to record and tap Start.
  4. To stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Screen recorder notification 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy,

Thanks for answering.

I have been unable to do a screen recording the audio or the video while following the steps provided. Maybe an issue with Android. The audio is empty, nothing. Sorry, I can't provide any other details but the issue continues.

Frederic

Hey @haideft,

Thanks for the reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to know, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If so, remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again. 

On another note, it'd be awesome if you could check if this is happening on a different mobile device. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check. This'll help us to understand if perhaps this is account-related. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, just to confirm, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts