Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound level inconsistent. (Galaxy S4)

Solved!

Sound level inconsistent. (Galaxy S4)

Whenever I play a song on spotify the sound starts very low. This means that I have to up the level considerably to even hear the sound. 

Then, after about 30-90 seconds the sound jumps to normal levels again. This is very annoying plus it hurts me ears. Has anyone else experienced this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you got an equaliser enabled? As I believe there is an unconfirmed bug for some users where the equaliser turns off and on, causing the volume to change dramatically.

Have you tried disabling it, and reinstalling Spotify?

I'll escalate this to the staff so they can check if it is known and how many other users have it. Do you have any specific steps you found which could reproduce it?

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hmmm audio level seems limited and Spotify don't allow Galaxy s4's adapt sound or sound Alive to be used which is disappointing.
I've been using Spotify on iPhone 5s and laptop. Recently decided to try this on my s4 and realised it's too poor. I'm going to delete from s4 until Spotify levels up with other platforms. It's bloody good on iPhone and my cheap old toshiba portege r600 using bluetooth or any headphones. Anyway if you want to improve the audio range use a bluetooth headphone e.g Nokia BH504, Sennheiser MM100 or Sony SBH-50 that'll help boost the audio and quality.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you got an equaliser enabled? As I believe there is an unconfirmed bug for some users where the equaliser turns off and on, causing the volume to change dramatically.

Have you tried disabling it, and reinstalling Spotify?

I'll escalate this to the staff so they can check if it is known and how many other users have it. Do you have any specific steps you found which could reproduce it?

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

It is very difficult to reproduce the issue as it appears to happen randomly sometimes when I start a new song.
I turned of an equaliser which I honestly didn't even know I had. Especially since I have reinstalled the app two times before. Must be saved to my profile.

Anyway, thanks. I will try it out without the setting on for a whole and see what happens.

This issue has been annoying me for weeks now. I recently disabled the EQ and it seems to be resolved, which is unfortunate because the EQ is pretty cool.

I can confirm, the same bug is happening to me. If I have the EQ enabled, the sound is very low. Disabling the EQ fixes the issue but the sound is very bad without the EQ enabled.

I have hit the same issue. For now, I am using Music Volume EQ from the Play market until the problem is fixed. It's pretty much an app version of the same EQ.

Hmmm audio level seems limited and Spotify don't allow Galaxy s4's adapt sound or sound Alive to be used which is disappointing.
I've been using Spotify on iPhone 5s and laptop. Recently decided to try this on my s4 and realised it's too poor. I'm going to delete from s4 until Spotify levels up with other platforms. It's bloody good on iPhone and my cheap old toshiba portege r600 using bluetooth hq mode!
Marked as solution

I've been using Spotify on iPhone 5s and laptop. Recently decided to try this on my s4 and realised it's too poor. I'm going to delete from s4 until Spotify levels up with other platforms. It's bloody good on iPhone and my cheap old toshiba portege r600 using bluetooth or any headphones. Anyway if you want to improve the audio range use a bluetooth headphone e.g Nokia BH504, Sennheiser MM100 or Sony SBH-50 that'll help boost the audio and quality.

Suggested posts