Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotif crashes, have to download all playlists again

Spotif crashes, have to download all playlists again

I downloaded about 1500 songs in my playlists to my sdcard on Android. Today, the app crashed. When I started it again, all playlists indicated that they're not downloaded, even though the files are still on the SD card!

Now I have to download all songs again.
I wanted to use Spotify offline on holiday, but now I'm scared that when the app crashes I lose all my music again and have to download it again while I have no broadband connection on my holiday address.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks!

3 Replies

@wtrdk wrote:

I downloaded about 1500 songs in my playlists to my sdcard on Android. Today, the app crashed. When I started it again, all playlists indicated that they're not downloaded, even though the files are still on the SD card!

Now I have to download all songs again.
I wanted to use Spotify offline on holiday, but now I'm scared that when the app crashes I lose all my music again and have to download it again while I have no broadband connection on my holiday address.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks!

You could, in theory, just play the songs from the sdcard using your default media player, but as for importing them into the android app again - sorry, no 😞

Ok, sorry, I'm wrong again. Ignore this post 😉

Can you scan your SD card to make sure it is working 100%?

Then use the troubleshooting tips as described at the top of this forum.

Community Ergo Sum

@liamwli wrote:
You could, in theory, just play the songs from the sdcard using your default media player, but as for importing them into the android app again - sorry, no 😞

Just a quick correction on this point. The Spotify data is encyrpted and only playable through the Spotify app. So you wouldn't be able to play the content through any other media player. Sorry

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts