Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

BQ Aquaris X5 Plus

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

Every morning, on my way to work I open Spotify app. For the first 6/7 minutes all I have is frustration. For at least the last 6 months the app is just ridiculously slow.

Do not matther if I'm on wifi or mobile network, if the playlist is downloaded or not. It can takes up to 5 minutes to listen something. I have cleaned the app data, reinstall, reboot, anything... It may helps for a day, but the next morning is the same story.

To make things worst, once the music starts, after some seconds, it just stops. No reason, just stops. I have to press play again and it continues.

Those two must be the most annoying bugs possible to a music app. Not playing music and random pausing!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Andoird app is just too slow

HowardMarks
Composer

sounds more like a hardware issue to me, I use an app called Clean Master to keep my phone performing to its max!

Highlighted

pez_betta
Casual Listener

Two days ago I got the update to 8.4.75.670 armV7. The situation is a bit better. Seems like there is not auto-pausing anymore. Also general performance has incresed. But it is still not what I would expect from a tecnology company like Spotify.

There is still some ridicusly long loading times. How can it takes up to a minute to recover my playlists?

I happy for the update, but there is still a lot of work to do.

Highlighted

pez_betta
Casual Listener

This is not a hardware issue. How could you diagnosticate a "hardware issue" in based to the info I shared? Have you even look my phone's specs? It should be more than enough to run Spotify.

SUGGESTED POSTS