Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Radio and View Album options greyed out

PlanPremiumCountry Singapore.DeviceSamsung Galaxy 6Operating SystemAndroid Kit Kat My Question or IssueI've been a spotify Premium user since 2016. Recently in the past few weeks I've noticed that the View Album, View Artist and Go To Song Radio opti...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  Singapore. Device Samsung Galaxy 6 Operating System Android Kit Kat   My Question or Issue I've been a spotify Premium user since 2016. Recently in the past ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't select view album or artist, shuffle turns off

PlanPremiumCountry UsaDeviceGalaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I can no longer click on "view artist" and "view album" options. Also Spotify turns off the shuffle option at least once a day.

•   Plan Premium Country  Usa Device Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android    My Question or Issue  I can no longer click on "view artist" and "view album" options. Al...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Search, view artist, view album not working

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceSamsung galaxy s8 My Question or Issue The search artist. Album. Or any if my searches are not pulling up anything. I have plenty of service, premium for years, tried on wifi. Restarting phone and app. Unable to search new ...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Samsung galaxy s8   My Question or Issue  The search artist. Album. Or any if my searches are not pulling up anything. I have plenty of service,...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to click view artist or album (greyed out)

As of yesterday when i click the 3 dots in an effort to view the album for the song I'm listening to, the options view album and view artist are greyed out. I also noticed this morning that my search would only pull up songs I've download. No artist,...

• Casual Listener
  • As of yesterday when i click the 3 dots in an effort to view the album for the song I'm listening to, the options view album and view artist are greyed out.   I also noticed this morning that ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Cannot click view artist or view album
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Album, Artist, Radio, Greyed Out

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemLatest android available My Question or IssueThis happens at least 3x per week. Album, Artist, and Radio options are grayed out. Have to restart the phone and the options are available again...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Latest android available   My Question or Issue This happens at least 3x per week. Album, Artist, and Radio op...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Lagging and not switching/ playing songs

PlanPremiumCountryUsa Device Samsung Galaxy 9Operating System Android Oreo? My Question or IssueOk, I've tried to uninstall and it still does this. There is alot of lag. When I first bring up the app to play music I go straight to my playlists, and i...

•   Plan Premium Country Usa   Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System  Android Oreo?   My Question or Issue Ok, I've tried to uninstall and it still does this...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • acting up
    Lag
    not palying
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't seek music via Bluetooth

PlanFree/PremiumCountryPOLANDDeviceXiaomi mi4cOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue Can't seek music through my car radio. It's Volkswagen Composition Media and it says "this operation is unavailable" when I want to seek music on spotify v...

• Plan Free/Premium Country POLAND Device Xiaomi mi4c Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  Can't seek music through my car radio. It's Volkswagen Composition Media a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify APP doesn't offer the SD card download folder option anymore

I was used to storage my songs in a SD card which i bought with the purpose of storage all my songs (over 2k), but today i opened the app and all my downloaded songs were deleted, so i checked the sd card (it is working), and went to the settings to ...

• Regular
  • I was used to storage my songs in a SD card which i bought with the purpose of storage all my songs (over 2k), but today i opened the app and all my downloaded songs were deleted, so i checked the sd...
  • cyphi1
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not showing folders on Anroid app

PlanFree Device1+ 6Operating SystemAndroid I have the issue that my folders, that i created on my desktop version of Spotify are not showing up on the mobile app. I already reinstalled the mobile app and tried to synch the folders by turning on offli...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free   Device 1+ 6 Operating System Android   I have the issue that my folders, that i created on my desktop version of Spotify are not showing up on the mobile app.&nb...
  • Spotifydicksuck
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • anroid
    folders
    Folders not showing
    problem
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorites

Hello,i accidentally deleted or hidded my spotify favorites playlist and now my favorites button disappeared. How can i restore the playlist and restore the button because is more easy for me to add songs directly from notification centre.Thank you.

•   Hello,i accidentally deleted or hidded my spotify favorites playlist and now my 🖤 favorites button  disappeared. How can i restore the playlist and restore the button because is more ea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Username is appearing as random letters & numbers

So I've been trying to fix this issue for a while now. When I'm listening to one of my playlists, at the top where it says what playlist is playing it says "playlist by: " and then a bunch of random letters and numbers.I've connected my account to Fa...

• So I've been trying to fix this issue for a while now.   When I'm listening to one of my playlists, at the top where it says what playlist is playing it says "playlist by: " and then a bunch o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Download to SD Card Issue - Android App

PlanPremiumCountryFRANCE DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSince the last update I can't download music to my SD card anymore. Download feature still works but it doesn't let me choose between local storage ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country FRANCE  Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Since the last update I can't download music to my SD card anymore....
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

daily mix disappeared after switch to premium

PlanFree => PremiumCountry Netherlands Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or Issue:Exactly the same as in the link below, but apparantly I can't reply to that one anymore? https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/I-m-not-getting-any-daily-mixes/td...

•   Plan Free => Premium Country Netherlands   Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue: Exactly the same as in the link below, but apparantly I can't reply to tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Consider redesigning podcast view, awful UX

Hello, in hope that somebody from the Spotify (Dev) team reads it: From my point of view you should honestly consider redesigning the podcast view again. With one of the latest update the UX became way worse. It was actually good before.Using version...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   in hope that somebody from the Spotify (Dev) team reads it:   From my point of view you should honestly consider redesigning the podcast view again. With one of the latest upda...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

BMW Connected Drive crashes

Hello,the bluetooth connection with my new Phone (Nokia 8 Android 8.1) always breaks when i start the App in my car (BMW F36). With my old Phone (HTC mini 2 Lineage OS 14) everything worked fine.There is no problem to stream music via BT with the car...

• Roadie
  •   Hello, the bluetooth connection with my new Phone (Nokia 8 Android 8.1) always breaks when i start the App in my car (BMW F36). With my old Phone (HTC mini 2 Lineage OS 14) everything worked...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer spotify music from Lap Top to Spotify on Android Phone

PlanFree/Premium....... FREECountry....... Australia Device Phone Android J5 Prime Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue. Have Free Spotify on Computer and Android Phone. Have own music library on Computer Spotify but cant transfer to Andr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium....... FREE Country....... Australia   Device Phone Android J5 Prime    Operating System Windows 10     My Question or Issue. Have Free Spotify on ...
  • groove2spotify
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Background Data

Hello, i have Android 8.1 and Spotify 8.4.70.666 armV7. In the last 12 Days Spotify had 80MB Background Data while only 15 MB in Foreground. I don't understand why there needs to be so much background data. Can you please try to reduce it?

• Roadie
  •   Hello,   i have Android 8.1 and Spotify 8.4.70.666 armV7. In the last 12 Days Spotify had 80MB Background Data while only 15 MB in Foreground. I don't understand why there needs to be ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app doesn't rotate when viewing cover flow

Hi guys,I've been using the Android app on all my devices for years now, I finally got Premium when I realised I could get a student discount a few months ago. The app has been working great in landscape mode in my car to easily view the cover flow o...

• Hi guys, I've been using the Android app on all my devices for years now, I finally got Premium when I realised I could get a student discount a few months ago. The app has been working great in lan...
  • pnbr0014
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes

spotify suddenly stops playing songs

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceSamsung galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAfter some time my spotify suddenly stops playing in the middle of a song. It happens only on my phone and not on my laptop. I've had this both when onli...

• Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Samsung galaxy S8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue After some time my spotify suddenly stops playing in the middle of a son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app stuck on Sony SmartWatch 3

Device Sony SmartWatch 3 // Sony Xperia X Operating System Android 8.0.0 I have an issue with the app in my SmartWatch as it reappears on the screen even after I have closed the app on my phone. I have tried rebooting the phone and the SmartWatch, al...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Sony SmartWatch 3 // Sony Xperia X Operating System Android 8.0.0   I have an issue with the app in my SmartWatch as it reappears on the screen even after I have closed the app ...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes