Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Currently Playing" notification

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueCopied from original post that was closed: "I've noticed a recent "feature" that will display a "Now Playing" notification on my phone when I have the deskt...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Copied from original post that was closed:    "I've notice...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Some liked songs wont show on playlist?

Hi all! Since I last updated spotify ive bwen having issues with my liked songs. When I favorite a song sometimes it will appear in my favorites and other times it won't. Tried doing a clean reinstall but didnt work. I am a free user and have a LG K2...

• Hi all! Since I last updated spotify ive bwen having issues with my liked songs. When I favorite a song sometimes it will appear in my favorites and other times it won't. Tried doing a clean reinstal...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wifi connection problem

PlanFamily PlanCountry BrazilDeviceAndroid (OnePlus 5T)Operating SystemOxygenOS 5.1.5 My Question or IssueHi, My name is Diana, I am having trouble when connecting the app Spotify to the internet via Wifi, and it is the ONLY app that I having this ki...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Family Plan Country  Brazil Device Android (OnePlus 5T) Operating System OxygenOS 5.1.5   My Question or Issue Hi,  My name is Diana, I am having trouble when c...
  • 6padq3cumtx4mat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad quality of the sound

I saw other posts that Spotify didnt seem to finish addressing. Spotify on my computer with my wireless headphones sounds terrible now, last week was fine. It works fine on my phone. Ive been through all the potential fixes and settings nothing is wo...

• I saw other posts that Spotify didnt seem to finish addressing. Spotify on my computer with my wireless headphones sounds terrible now, last week was fine. It works fine on my phone. Ive been through...
  • Ryanx0r
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with downloading

Im using lg 4k andriod phone for spotify. Im a preium memeber and i hooked up my expanable memory by using a 64GB micro sd and now its saying ive reach my maxium downloads but when i go to my settings, it says ive only used 8.45 GB. Its really f**kin...

• Im using lg 4k andriod phone for spotify. Im a preium memeber and i hooked up my expanable memory by using a 64GB micro sd and now its saying ive reach my maxium downloads but when i go to my setting...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App crush after trying to share playlists

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceOnePlus3Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 OxygenOS version 5.0.4 My Question or Issue How to reproduce: open "Your Library"open "Playlists"open the options menu on any playlist (⋮) choose "Share" Result:App crush after tryin...

• Plan Premium Country Israel Device OnePlus3 Operating System Android 8.0.0 OxygenOS version 5.0.4   My Question or Issue   How to reproduce:   open "Your Library" open...
  • Ryanx0r
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding to queue cancels shuffle.

This is an issue that's been happening only on Android. I have a Pixel 2 and have tested this on my friends Android devices and the same thing always happens. When I shuffle my library and add any song to queue, it cancels the shuffle and only plays ...

• Casual Listener
  • This is an issue that's been happening only on Android. I have a Pixel 2 and have tested this on my friends Android devices and the same thing always happens. When I shuffle my library and add any so...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Plays The Wrong Song in the Search UI

Hi there, when I hit play on Steambreather by Mastodon in the Search page, it plays the wrong song.Steambreather is no longer the first song in the "Steambreather Song Radio" and when I hit play on Steambreather, it plays the first song in the Steamb...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, when I hit play on Steambreather by Mastodon in the Search page, it plays the wrong song. Steambreather is no longer the first song in the "Steambreather Song Radio" and when I...
  • 22siyqdicbj7zvx
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Recognize a song with 2 artists

PlanPremium (Family)Country MexicoDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid 8 OreoMy Question or Issue There's this album, CDCC (by La Fouine), which I enjoyed very much in Spotify last year. Sadly, it was removed (please bring it back, guys) an...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium (Family) Country  Mexico Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android 8 Oreo My Question or Issue  There's this album, CDCC (by La Fouine), which I enjoye...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Requesting Song or Adding My Own

I've recently found some new songs that I want to add to my Spotify but I can't find them on the app. Is there any way to request songs to be added or to somehow add my own? I saw a playlist with a song that I wanted in it earlier and it looked like ...

• I've recently found some new songs that I want to add to my Spotify but I can't find them on the app. Is there any way to request songs to be added or to somehow add my own? I saw a playlist with a s...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • add
    Help
    songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music on SD card not recognized

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceLenovo Moto G4/Honor 5C/Lenovo Moto E4Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueHi, I'm having troubles with using dowloaded musics on Spotify Android. I use my account on 3 devices on which I download musics on t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  France Device Lenovo Moto G4/Honor 5C/Lenovo Moto E4 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm having troubles with using dowloaded musics ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Disappearing widget and music playback randomly stops.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands, possible world-wide DeviceOnePlus 3, 3T, 5, 5T, 6 (I askes my friends with those phones, they have the same issue)Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue For a couple of weeks I, and a lot of my friends have b...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands, possible world-wide   Device OnePlus 3, 3T, 5, 5T, 6 (I askes my friends with those phones, they have the same issue) Operating System Android Oreo &nb...
  • Rediwed1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Random music plays when im not even using Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung galaxy J5 2017Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Yesterday I didn't press play on spotify on on my computer but it randomly started playing edm/dubstep music. Nothing I had ever listened to before.Then las...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung galaxy J5 2017 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Yesterday I didn't press play on spotify on on my computer but it rand...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Occasional Spotify playback controls out of sync with actual playback

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueI've only had the phone since a little more than a month, when I received it brand new, so the install is quite fresh.I noticed some bad behavior with Spotify: someti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  France Device LG G6 Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue I've only had the phone since a little more than a month, when I received it brand ne...
  • fengapapit
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesnt play new songs in playlist

PlanFreeCountryThe NetherlandsDevice Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue If I add new songs into my playlist and play them on shuffle, the new songs are not played. The only way to get it to w...

• Plan Free Country The Netherlands Device  Samsung Galaxy 8   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  If I add new song...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle Playlist
    Songs not playing
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Variety of problems on S7

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung S7Operating System Android 8.0.0Spotify version: 8.4.66.733 armV7 My Question or Issue I've been using my S7 for a while now and have had a variety of problems...1) The classic issue of once pausing a song on the lo...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung S7 Operating System   Android 8.0.0 Spotify version: 8.4.66.733 armV7   My Question or Issue  I've been using my S7 for...
  • JulianA_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • controls
    lock button
    lock screen
    S7
    skip songs
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Searching reports that there's no internet connection while playing music not in cache

When I use Spotify search on my Android 8 phone, I get the notification that there are no offline results for the search string, and that I should go online. At the same time I'm playing music. Now you may think that this music is in the cache, but I...

• Casual Listener
  • When I use Spotify search on my Android 8 phone, I get the notification that there are no offline results for the search string, and that I should go online. At the same time I'm playing music. Now y...
  • JulianA_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New update had weird side effect

Plan PremiumCountry UKDevice One+5Operating System Android 8.1.0 My Question or Issue Hi all. Lately approved a new update for my Spotify app on Android from the Playstore. Only problem is, now my profile name appears under the name of EVERY song? Fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device One+5 Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue   Hi all. Lately approved a new update for my Spotify app on Android fr...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Issue between Windows Desktop App and Android App

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue Syncing my entire song catalog from Windows 10 PC to Android App is no longer possible. It has stopped working completely. No solution that has been posted has been ...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device LG G6 Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  Syncing my entire song catalog from Windows 10 PC to Android App is no longer p...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Random songs play instead of album

When trying to shuffle an album, roughly 0 of the tracks are played while some other unrelated trash (often not even of the same genre) play instead. Why? If I am lucky I get around half of the album I tried to play, although regularly get nothing be...

• Gig Goer
  • When trying to shuffle an album, roughly 0 of the tracks are played while some other unrelated trash (often not even of the same genre) play instead. Why? If I am lucky I get around half of the album...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes