Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Músicas

Eu salvo as músicas mas elas só aparecem em Playlist, as mais antigas então em "Músicas" mas as que baixei agora não..

• Eu salvo as músicas mas elas só aparecem em Playlist, as mais antigas então em "Músicas" mas as que baixei agora não..
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Notification Missing

Hi, I've noticed that sometimes when i'm using Spotify, the notification that shows which music is being played disapears from the status bar. I no longer get the status of the app and the controls from the lock screen are missing too. This usualy ha...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  • Hi,    I've noticed that sometimes when i'm using Spotify, the notification that shows which music is being played disapears from the status bar. I no longer get the status of the app and...
  • manicdan
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    bug
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Whenever I select a song from search, it will start playing the radio instead of the song

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceNokia 6.1Operating SystemAndroidOreo My Question or IssueWhenever I select a song from search, it will start playing the radio instead of the song. If I go to the album and press the song there, it will start playi...

•   Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Nokia 6.1 Operating System AndroidOreo   My Question or Issue Whenever I select a song from search, it will start playing the radi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App does not work correctly on Samsung S8

PlanPremiumCountry Samsung S8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My app does not change display with the changing song, it displays the play icon even when the track is playing or will continue to display the pause icon when it shouldn't. It doesn't properl...

• Plan Premium Country  Samsung S8 Operating System Android Oreo   My app does not change display with the changing song, it displays the play icon even when the track is playing or wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Previews

I have just upgraded my android phone and tried to start another premium profile. What is going on with this software! PlanFree CountryUK Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Problems Won't let me listen to full songs. The lay out has changed...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just upgraded my android phone and tried to start another premium profile.      What is going on with this software!            Plan Free...
  • AnnieA
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • preview
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't shuffle local songs on mobile

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceSamsung galaxy 5 neoOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issuescreenshot I have local files on my computer that I've synced to my phone. I used to be able to play them just fine. Now the local songs are greyed out and...

e2360947c7bfbf8634b9559cfce850c2
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Samsung galaxy 5 neo Operating System Android   My Question or Issue screenshot  I have local files on my computer that I've synced to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugs and Issues

PlanPremiumCountry IrelandDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 Having serious issues with spotify Android lately including the following, please can you provide a working update:Notification controls disappeared from lockscreen – forcing...

• Plan Premium Country  Ireland Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Android 8.0.0   Having serious issues with spotify Android lately including the following, please can you provi...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Hundreds of songs missing from favorites

My Question or Issue My spotify app does not show the vast majority of my favorite songs. Ive deleted cached data and reinstalled the app multiple times and they still dont appear. This is wack. About to switch music apps

•     My Question or Issue  My spotify app does not show the vast majority of my favorite songs. Ive deleted cached data and reinstalled the app multiple times and they still dont app...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Playing from your library" doesn't show current song

PlanFamily PremiumCountry USA DeviceSamsung S9+Operating SystemAndroid OreoSpotify Version8.4.70.666 armV7 My Question or Issue While playing songs, the "currently playing" song doesn't change. I hear the next song, but it isn't displaying properly. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country  USA   Device Samsung S9+ Operating System Android Oreo Spotify Version 8.4.70.666 armV7   My Question or Issue  While playing songs,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "offline" error in search

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung A320FLOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issuenote: i don't keep mobile data turned on all the time.Sometimes i encounter this error with the data turned on: i can listen online to music but i cannot use the search f...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung A320FL Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue note: i don't keep mobile data turned on all the time. Sometimes i encounter this ...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Browse, Search and Radio not working.

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.0 My Question or Issue For the past few weeks the Browse, Search and Radio features have refused to work consistently. After using the app for a while (let's say anywhe...

• Plan Premium Country Australia  Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android Oreo 8.0   My Question or Issue  For the past few weeks the Browse, Search and Radio feature...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Podcast Download Management

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue With the most recent update did Spotify remove the download manager for podcasts? Now its a pain to manage and quickly download podcasts.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  With the most recent update did Spotify remove the do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problème connexion Spotify premium family

Bonjour, je suis connecté depuis plusieurs mois sur notre compte Spotify premium family. J’ai été déconnecté et impossible de me reconnecter. J’ai fait renvoyer une invitation par le owner mais quand je rentre mes données j’ai un message d’erreur qui...

• Bonjour,  je suis connecté depuis plusieurs mois sur notre compte Spotify premium family.  J’ai été déconnecté et impossible de me reconnecter. J’ai fait renvoyer une invitation par le own...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Sd card problems

I've tried downloading my spotify library on my sd card a dozen times, followed instructions from all over the web.Every time I select my sd card in the spotify options menu, the songs download fine for a while, the suddenly the sd card option dissap...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried downloading my spotify library on my sd card a dozen times, followed instructions from all over the web. Every time I select my sd card in the spotify options menu, the songs download fin...
  • puckiyo611
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Increased limit to 10K songs for up to 5 devices

Thank you for this update! Will my currently downloaded tracks and playlists be erased completely for redownloading because of this update? Thanks.

• Visitor
  • Thank you for this update! Will my currently downloaded tracks and playlists be erased completely for redownloading because of this update? Thanks.
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Uploaded Music Play on Android device

None of the below informationHow can I play or download music uploaded from the PC into Spotify on an Android device?I can not play the songs on my Android device.

• Visitor
  • None of the below information How can I play or download music uploaded from the PC into Spotify on an Android device? I can not play the songs on my Android device.  
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist Page and Album Page links are greyed out

None of the below information is requirPlanPremiumCountry United StatesDevice(LG V20)Operating System(Android 7.0) My Question or Issue Artist Page and Album Page links are greyed out. Clicking on album art will show full album and more but going dir...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is requir Plan Premium Country  United States Device (LG V20) Operating System (Android 7.0)   My Question or Issue  Artist Page and Album Page...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Radio and View Album options greyed out

PlanPremiumCountry Singapore.DeviceSamsung Galaxy 6Operating SystemAndroid Kit Kat My Question or IssueI've been a spotify Premium user since 2016. Recently in the past few weeks I've noticed that the View Album, View Artist and Go To Song Radio opti...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  Singapore. Device Samsung Galaxy 6 Operating System Android Kit Kat   My Question or Issue I've been a spotify Premium user since 2016. Recently in the past ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't select view album or artist, shuffle turns off

PlanPremiumCountry UsaDeviceGalaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I can no longer click on "view artist" and "view album" options. Also Spotify turns off the shuffle option at least once a day.

•   Plan Premium Country  Usa Device Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android    My Question or Issue  I can no longer click on "view artist" and "view album" options. Al...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes