Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App and Wi Fi

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePixelOperating System AndroidMy Question or IssueHello, My app keeps disconnecting itself from my wifi. I have reinstalledt the app three times, but this still keeps happening. Is there a way to prevent this? Also, if my app ...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Pixel Operating System  Android My Question or Issue Hello,  My app keeps disconnecting itself from my wifi. I have reinstalledt the app three t...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Share Function Not Working

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Hong KongDevice Samsung S7Operating System My Question or Issue Share function seems to have suddenly shat itself. When a song is playing and I hit "Share", the music drops out and then the screen flicks back to the home page,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Hong Kong Device  Samsung S7 Operating System     My Question or Issue  Share function seems to have suddenly shat itself. When a song is...
  • BenLinHK
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Did Spotify remove option to add songs on top of playlist??? [Android]

Did Spotify remove option to add songs on top of playlist??? A week ago it was possible to add tracks on top of playlist (there was message asking if you want to move it to bottom/top of playlist). It was really great feature BUT today it disappeared...

• Casual Listener
  • Did Spotify remove option to add songs on top of playlist??? A week ago it was possible to add tracks on top of playlist (there was message asking if you want to move it to bottom/top&...
  • Hmee
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • add tracks
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play a certain song...starting to **bleep** me off

Okey so i have one... ONE song that cant be played i dont have a problem with any other song and its bugging me. (on my Android Phone) The song is Alvaro Soler - La cintura and i have been able to listen to it before. Is the song broken or is it my P...

• Casual Listener
  • Okey so i have one... ONE song that cant be played i dont have a problem with any other song and its bugging me. (on my Android Phone)    The song is Alvaro Soler - La cintura and i have ...
  • madchildeLITE
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify Connect" doesn't work anymore

PlanPremiumCountry DEDevicerooted with FirewallOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueSpotify Connect stopped working and doesn't find my speakers anymoreWorkaround since monthsEven though it doesn't feel right, it seems i found a workaround. Her...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  DE Device rooted with Firewall Operating System Android My Question or Issue Spotify Connect stopped working and doesn't find my speakers anymore Workaround since...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcast restarting when I press pause

I've been listening to old episodes of the podcast Gilmore Guys, and suddenly whenever I pause it, the podcast starts from the beginning of the episode and I have to work out where I left off. It didn't do it until this evening, and only seems to be ...

• I've been listening to old episodes of the podcast Gilmore Guys, and suddenly whenever I pause it, the podcast starts from the beginning of the episode and I have to work out where I left off. It did...
  • absinthe_L
  • 21 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Trouble with internet connection

PlanPremiumCountry BrasilDeviceMotorola G6Operating SystemAndroid pie (maybe) My Question or IssueI'm from Brazil and I have a Motorola G6. I'm having connection problems with songs that is not on my device. If someone send me a song, it keeps readin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Brasil Device Motorola G6 Operating System Android pie (maybe)   My Question or Issue I'm from Brazil and I have a Motorola G6. I'm having connection problem...
  • brunomendes80
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums play in shuffle

PlanFreeCountryBrunei Darussalam DeviceSamsung A6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue All albums i play are all in shuffle. Plus, i cant seem to find the shuffle icon on the bottom right of the screen either

• Plan Free Country Brunei Darussalam  Device Samsung A6 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  All albums i play are all in shuffle. Plus, i cant seem to find t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are deleted after power-down

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuaweiOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueI have the problem that all downloaded songs are deleted when my cellphone is turned off. I contacted Spotify before and they told me that the cashe is damaged, so I dele...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Operating System Android My Question or Issue I have the problem that all downloaded songs are deleted when my cellphone is turned off. I contacted...
  • grayzo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why in 2018 do I need a PC to transfer files from my mobile device to a mobile app?

My Question or Issue How is this feature the only way to use songs that are already on my device on an app that's already on my device? Why do I need a PC in this day and age to do something so miniscule? There's absolutely no reasoning behind this o...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue  How is this feature the only way to use songs that are already on my device on an app that's already on my device? Why do I need a PC in this day and age t...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Various Spotify issues

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Laptop and Android)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue Firstly, I originally (two days ago) registered on Spotify for the 1 month premium trial (on my laptop) - under the username 'RAB'. When I went to the...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Laptop and Android) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  Firstly, I originally (two days ago) registered on Spotify for t...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Release notes when Spotify is updated

This morning spotify on my android account started crashing when I try to share music. Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalles the app, restarted, cleared cache. Not working. It is pissing me off! Help!PlanPremiumCountry UsDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operat...

• Casual Listener
  • This morning spotify on my android account started crashing when I try to share music.  Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalles the app, restarted, cleared cache.  Not working.  It is p...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing a playlist

Free/PremiumUSAAndroid Galaxy S8 My Question or Issue I recently deleted some songs off a playlist and the playlist keeps playing them anyways. It also wont let me start the playlist over, so I'm not sure what to do

• Free/Premium USA Android Galaxy S8   My Question or Issue  I recently deleted some songs off a playlist and the playlist keeps playing them anyways. It also wont let me start the playl...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app has a plethora of problems with interface

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDevicePixel 2 XL (formerly HTC 10)Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issue To begin with, here's what I've done to try and resolve the problem... On my old phone, I wiped data and cache for Spotify, reinstalled spoti...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Pixel 2 XL (formerly HTC 10) Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue  To begin with, here's what I've done to try and resolve...
  • in_limbo
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Social setting to not publish any activity on Spotify

CountryUS DevicePixelOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I don't see any option under Social on the Android app to completely stop publishing all activity on Spotify. According to this help article from Spotify, there is a way to do thi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Country US   Device Pixel Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I don't see any option under Social on the Android app to completely stop publishing al...
  • Baccar
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error en la playlist

Tengo varias playlist hechas y tambien sigo otras. En cualquier lista de reproducción de mi biblioteca que me meto, busco algún artista o álbum especifico y cuando le doy una reproducción aleatoria o elijo, la canción puede acaban reproduciendo otras...

• Tengo varias playlist hechas y tambien sigo otras. En cualquier lista de reproducción de mi biblioteca que me meto, busco algún artista o álbum especifico y cuando le doy una reproducción aleatoria o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Like button remains clicked

PlanPremiumCountry Cochabamba, BoliviaDeviceLG V20Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue Found out that when I start a new 'based on' Radio and click Like, the thumbs up icon remains clicked across the rest of the songs, you can hit Next an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Cochabamba, Bolivia Device LG V20 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  Found out that when I start a new 'based on' Radio and click Like...
  • taborgam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app crash on Asus Zenfone Zoom

Plan:PremiumCountry:Indonesia Device(ASUS ZENFONE ZOOM)Operating System(ANDROID 5) My Question or IssueHello, My spotify crash 2 to 3 minutes after startup in my device. It just stops and said "unfortunately Spotify has stopped working"I tried to ide...

• Plan: Premium Country: Indonesia   Device (ASUS ZENFONE ZOOM) Operating System (ANDROID 5)   My Question or Issue Hello,   My spotify crash 2 to 3 minutes after startup in...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist showing generated username while playing, bug or change?

PlanPremiumCountryMéxicoDeviceSamsung J7 2015Operating SystemAndroid 6.1 My Question or IssueSo i stopped using Spotify for a few months but i just got back to it with a new account, and i noticed something about the interface now. Before, when liste...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country México Device Samsung J7 2015 Operating System Android 6.1   My Question or Issue So i stopped using Spotify for a few months but i just got back to it with a new ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes