Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My App won`t load anything after few minutes playing any music.

My application does not load playlists, does not search, nothing appears and loads forever after a while playing music, to return to normal, I have to close the application and open again, then the same thing happens. (I reinstalled it completely)Xia...

• Casual Listener
  •     My application does not load playlists, does not search, nothing appears and loads forever after a while playing music, to return to normal, I have to close the application and open a...
  • mtt16
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mysterious Connection

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceLG G4Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Whether I'm using my phone or computer (desktop app, not browser), it'll suddenly switch over to R&B music or obsecure EDM. I've seen that people have previously had thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device LG G4 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Whether I'm using my phone or computer (desktop app, not browser), it'll suddenly s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly running in the background

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueMy phone tracks apps running in the background without my permission, so I can close any that I haven't asked to run & stop them wasting batt...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom    Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Plus Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue My phone tracks apps running in the background ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

"Days before you have to go online"

Plan/Premium CountryUnited States DeviceGoogle Pixel Operating SystemAnsroid 9 - Pie My Question or Issue So I know you have to go online every so often so Spotify knows you have Premium. I go online a few times a day, but the offline countdown doesn...

•   Plan/ Premium   Country United States   Device Google Pixel   Operating System Ansroid 9 - Pie   My Question or Issue  So I know you have to go online ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist corrupted after download

PlanFree/PremiumCountry IsraelDeviceLG-G6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Hi thereI started a pro trial, downladed a playlist, and suddenly the playlist plays only 4 songs, no matter online or offline!Downlad shows the green arrow.Hitting...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Israel Device LG-G6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Hi there I started a pro trial, downladed a playlist, and suddenly the playli...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Corrupted offline songs
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash when trying to share

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0My Question or Issue App crashes when trying to share song

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 8.0.0 My Question or Issue  App crashes when trying to share song
  • StayneLaley
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 20 likes

Audiobook play with Spotify music in the background (on Android)

How can I play an audiobook (in the Audible app) while Spotify plays music in the background (on Android)? Thanks, Cheers!

• Music Fan
  • How can I play an audiobook (in the Audible app) while Spotify plays music in the background (on Android)?   Thanks, Cheers!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline after App Pause, Every Time

Once the app is paused, while or while not playing music, and reopened, I am unable to search for any other artists or play new songs that were not already in queue. This persists on multiple wifi networks, LTE data, and several Galaxy S6's (I recent...

•   Once the app is paused, while or while not playing music, and reopened, I am unable to search for any other artists or play new songs that were not already in queue.    This persi...
  • Snowsharkeus
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Galaxy S6
    pause
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't add to queue

When I add songs to the queue it pops up saying they have been added but they don't appear in the queue at all. I don't have any issues with the web or desktop player. PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceNexus 5Operating SystemAndroid Cheers!

• Casual Listener
  • When I add songs to the queue it pops up saying they have been added but they don't appear in the queue at all. I don't have any issues with the web or desktop player.   Plan Premium Country...
  • naeverick
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Import local music

Hello,I was wondering how to import local music into the android application because this music isn't available on spotify. I found a tutorial but it's with the PC application and I don't have a PC.PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceHawaii P20 liteOperat...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I was wondering how to import local music into the android application because this music isn't available on spotify. I found a tutorial but it's with the PC application and I don't have a PC...
  • Alexandre16
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Yamaha RX-V675 not showing in devices unless powered on

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceYamaha RX-V675, Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI used to be able to select my Yamaha RX-V675 from the list of devices in Spotify even if it was in network standby mode. Spotify would then powe...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada  Device Yamaha RX-V675, Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I used to be able to select my Yamaha RX-V675 from the list of d...
  • jaydee77ca
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Why is so hard to implement a queue that works like a queue?

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceGalaxy 7Operating SystemAndroid The Add to Queue function in Android Devices is messy and confusing and apparently people at Spotify don't pay attemption on what paying customers think about this. Everybody in every part...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Galaxy 7 Operating System Android     The Add to Queue function in Android Devices is messy and confusing and apparently  people at Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Share button no longer works on my android spotify app.

PlanPremiumCountrly New Zealand DeviceSony Xperia Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue My share button no longer works. I press it and the options that used to pop up in a menu so I could choose which app I want to use to share like What...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Countrly  New Zealand  Device Sony Xperia  Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  My share button no longer works. I press ...
  • brendan2332
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

Unable to Share Any Songs...

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8 My Question or Issue I don't know when it started but just yesterday when I wanted to share a song to WhatsApp via Spotify, the app either reloaded back to the home page or...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Android Oreo 8   My Question or Issue   I don't know when it started but just yesterday when I wanted to sha...
  • defunct32
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue is not working

Cannot add songs to queue, while adding them they not appear on the queue list.Latest Spotify version, tried to reinstall , didn't help.Please assist, frustrated DeviceOP3T, Samsung Galaxy tab s2Operating SystemOreoPremium Plan

• Casual Listener
  •   Cannot add songs to queue, while adding them they not appear on the queue list. Latest Spotify version, tried to reinstall , didn't help. Please assist, frustrated    Device OP...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Favorite Songs playlist

This playlist appears complete in the web page but incomplete in the app. Also some of the songs added don't have the heart symbol and it is not clear if the author is Spotify or me (both names appear).

• Regular
  • This playlist appears complete in the web page but incomplete in the app. Also some of the songs added don't have the heart symbol and it is not clear if the author is Spotify or me (both names appea...
  • DelmaBV
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume goes down in background automatically

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceLenovo Moto Z2 PlayOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue When I'm running Spotify in the background and open any other app the songs volume goes down (feels like 50% less) and the only way to turn it back t...

• Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Lenovo Moto Z2 Play Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  When I'm running Spotify in the background and open any other a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is anyone else experiencing issues with the mobile app on Android?

hello,Every time I try to open Spotify, it takes forever for the home screen to load, and if I try to load a song, it plays for a few seconds and then the app crashes. Every other app on my phone works fine so I know it's not just the phone. Anyone e...

• Casual Listener
  • hello, Every time I try to open Spotify, it takes forever for the home screen to load, and if I try to load a song, it plays for a few seconds and then the app crashes. Every other app on my phone w...
  • jaisonmiguek
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Sharing option disabled

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 plusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue When I try to share a song the app crashes, everything else is working OK

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy S8 plus Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  When I try to share a song the app crashes, everything else ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast episodes will only play once

Plan: PremiumCountry: UK Device: Huawei P20 ProOperating System: Android 8.1.0 Podcast episodes will only play once. As soon as an episode is finished playing it shows as played, and Spotify will skip past it when I try to play it again. I've tried u...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK  Device: Huawei P20 Pro Operating System: Android 8.1.0   Podcast episodes will only play once. As soon as an episode is finished playing it shows as played, ...
  • sliiightly
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes