Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Enable "time remaining" on Android

Long time premium user here recently switched to Android. On iOS, the desktop apps and even the webplayer it's possible to tap the track time (in the player view to the right of the scrubber) and change it to showing "time remaining" of the current t...

• Casual Listener
  • Long time premium user here recently switched to Android.    On iOS, the desktop apps and even the webplayer it's possible to tap the track time (in the player view to the right of the sc...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple bugs on Samsung Galaxy S8

Spotify seems to like to break on my new phone. The first bug I encountered is the photo included. Dont know how to describe it but it happens randomly when I open the app. The second bug I have encountered is that it wont show up in my notification ...

• Spotify seems to like to break on my new phone. The first bug I encountered is the photo included. Dont know how to describe it but it happens randomly when I open the app. The second bug I have enco...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

I cannot store my music on SD card

Plan: PremiumCountry: US DeviceMotorola x4 - brand new12 gb free internal 60+ gb free sdOperating SystemAndroid Oreo - updated to latest What I've tried:Deleting cache, deleting data, deleting both, deleting them in different orderClean Re-installFor...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country:  US   Device Motorola x4 - brand new 12 gb free internal 60+ gb free sd Operating System Android Oreo - updated to latest   What I've tried: ...
  • Dishwasher
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify restarts when I want to share a song?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGalaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueEvery time I want to share a song, the app starts each time I press the Share button from the song menu. (8/27/18 Update)I have tried the method of uninstalling m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue Every time I want to share a song, the app starts each time I press the Share button f...
  • MeowMeow420
  • 38 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps playing stuff in the middle of my queue

PlanPremium Country US (specifically Seattle WA) DeviceGoogle Pixel XL Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issue All week, consistently when I play music, whether I play an album or shuffle a playlist, a podcast I listen to will randomly play in...

• Plan Premium   Country  US (specifically Seattle WA)   Device Google Pixel XL   Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue  All week, consistently wh...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not showing in the notification panel

Hello,While playing songs, Spotify doesn't show on the notification panel randomly. It comes up by itself sometimes. PlanPremiumCountry SingaporeDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 Thanks

• Hello, While playing songs, Spotify doesn't show on the notification panel randomly. It comes up by itself sometimes.   Plan Premium Country  Singapore Device Samsung Note 8 Operat...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Notification panel
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution P20 pro lockscreen widget

Hi there, I've just made the leap from IPhone to android after many year. Unfortunately I can't get the little widget on the lockscreen to allow you to pause/skip tracks! I have a Huawei P20 pro, I've seen that other people have managed it but I need...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I've just made the leap from IPhone to android after many year. Unfortunately I can't get the little widget on the lockscreen to allow you to pause/skip tracks! I have a Huawei P20...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic music reproduction on other devices

Good Morning,I noticed that sometimes the app on my mobile phone (Huawei P9) tries to connect to an external device. THe problem is that I don't know why, because there aren't devices in my network. After asking me if I want to continue listening mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Good Morning, I noticed that sometimes the app on my mobile phone (Huawei P9) tries to connect to an external device. THe problem is that I don't know why, because there aren't devices in my network...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Visual Overlay Bug Note 8

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceNote 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.0.0Samsung Experience 9.0Kernel 4.4.78-13949550 My Question or IssueI am getting this strange issue sometimes when i relaunch the app after it has been running in the background it has t...

1.PNG 2.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium Country  US Device Note 8 Operating System Android Oreo 8.0.0 Samsung Experience 9.0 Kernel 4.4.78-13949550   My Question or Issue I am getting ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android and Chromecast out of sync after ~10 minutes

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 9My Question or IssueAfter about 10-20 minutes of Spotify being in the background playing via Chromecast, if I return to Spotify, the "connection" with my Chromecast isn't fully function...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue After about 10-20 minutes of Spotify being in the background playing via Chromecast, if ...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Chromecast Android
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Suggested song

PlanFreeCountry Argentina I made a playlist with 30 songs and after 2 or 3, suggested music starts playing. How do I stop this? I want to listen to the music I added, not to something else

• Plan Free Country  Argentina  I made a playlist with 30 songs and after 2 or 3, suggested music starts playing. How do I stop this? I want to listen to the music I added, not to somethi...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

When searching for a song the next song that plays does not take into consideration the search

I am using android. When I search for songs in a large playlist, for example, say led zeppelin only led zeppelin songs show up. If I pick one of these songs it plays correctly. However, once the next song plays it ignores the filter and plays the nex...

• Regular
  • I am using android. When I search for songs in a large playlist, for example, say led zeppelin only led zeppelin songs show up. If I pick one of these songs it plays correctly. However, once the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Entire songs not playing on android mobile

I made playlists on my computer and when I try to play on my android device it only plays like 13 seconds of the song.

• I made playlists on my computer and when I try to play on my android device it only plays like 13 seconds of the song.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

after playing few songs then stop playing

PlanPremiumCountry Hong KongDeviceSamsungs8 PlusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Recently my spotify only can play few songs then it stop playing. I have go back to the app then click "play" or reset the app to play it again. any ideas fo...

• Plan Premium Country  Hong Kong Device Samsungs8 Plus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Recently my spotify only can play few songs then it stop playing. I hav...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Android app doesn't correctly register media playback

DeviceOnePlus 5TOperating SystemCan repro on all versions of Android released, with all versions of Spotify to date. My Question or Issue So I have this weird bug that appears on my phone after Spotify has been there for about 3-4 weeks. It reappears...

• Music Fan
  •   Device OnePlus 5T Operating System Can repro on all versions of Android released, with all versions of Spotify to date.   My Question or Issue  So I have this weird bug that a...
  • esist
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in to spotify/can't go 'online'

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0OxygenOS 5.1.11 My Question or IssueLast weekend suddenly I was unable to stream music with mobile data. It mentioned that Spotify had no internet connection. My mobile network ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 8.1.0 OxygenOS 5.1.11   My Question or Issue Last weekend suddenly I was unable to stream music with...
  • Levi379
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume goes up and down on it's own

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(Samsung s7)Operating System(Android) All of a sudden the volume will go up and down, when it feels like it. At first I thought this was an issue with the radio in my truck, but come to find out...it's happening no matter ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device (Samsung s7) Operating System (Android)   All of a sudden the volume will go up and down, when it feels like it.  At first I thought this was ...
  • Meditrina
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Bluetooth Radio Automatically Starts Spotify

I have a Note 8 that I connect to my semi's radio via bluetooth. Whenever I connect my phone to the radio, and change the source on the radio to bluetooth, spotify just out of no where starts playing. Even if the app isn't recently opened. It did thi...

• Visitor
  • I have a Note 8 that I connect to my semi's radio via bluetooth. Whenever I connect my phone to the radio, and change the source on the radio to bluetooth, spotify just out of no where starts playing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Archivos locales

PlanPremiumCountry Argentina DeviceBLU ENERGY X PLUS Operating SistemAndroid 5.0My Question or Issue Los archivos locales cuando los descargo en el celular se escuchan acelerados no se porque, y en la pc se los puede escuchar normalmente

• Plan Premium Country  Argentina  Device BLU ENERGY X PLUS  Operating Sistem Android 5.0 My Question or Issue  Los archivos locales cuando los descargo en el celular se es...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't scrub in track after selecting next

PlanPremiumCountry CHDeviceAsus Zenfone AROperating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueAfter selecting the next song in an album in the player view, scrubbing doesn't work anymore. Going back to the album and selecting the song there fixes the pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  CH Device Asus Zenfone AR Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue After selecting the next song in an album in the player view, scrubbing doesn't...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Next
    Scrub
    scrubbing
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes