Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android app crashing after going online

Solved!

Spotify Android app crashing after going online

Hi,

I am currently having problems with my Android app crashing. I've been running Spotify for a couple of years with Premium subscription for at least a year. I recently changed from Iphone 3G to Samsung Galaxy SII and this worked out fine in the beginning. After updating to the latest version of Android (4.0.3) I've been running in to the same problem over and over;

When I log on to the phone, it suddenly crashes after going online. This might be the same problem as some of the other questions in the forum, but since I haven't go any straight answer I wanted to try on my own. I've been reinstalling Spotify and deleting the cache in offline mode, both without successfull attempts. The weird thing is that my friends can log in without any problem, using the phone both offline and online. Could it be an account problem?

Since I am a loyal customer I would very much appreciate an answer from the Spotify team asap.

Regards,

O

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found a solution written in another tread here that worked for me, it should not be needed however, now I can listen on Spotify on my S2;

Connect your phone to your computer, go in to the device and the following folders;

Dator\GT-I9100\Phone\Android\data\ and delete the file named "com.spotify...". 

Then start Spotify and it will work,

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I have the same problem

Same issue here, updated to ICS yesterday, error 112 on startup, sometimes it gets in and becomes unresponsive.

I have the same problem and tried to fixed it in the same way still not work. Have premium and had it some years. Using (or used to :(. ) the app on my S2 every day.

Marked as solution

I found a solution written in another tread here that worked for me, it should not be needed however, now I can listen on Spotify on my S2;

Connect your phone to your computer, go in to the device and the following folders;

Dator\GT-I9100\Phone\Android\data\ and delete the file named "com.spotify...". 

Then start Spotify and it will work,

As things currently stand Spotify is not compatible with ICS, so if oyu have updated oyur software then I am afraid it just wont work well for the time being.

Spotify say a new app (ICS compatible) is on the way but as to when? How long is a peice of string. Personally I find Spotify unusable so I have just given up on the mobile app for the time being. A fair few people are finding a way to make it temporarily usable.

I guess the question is can you be patient?

Not meaning to Spam but maybe you could uprate my idea:-

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Release-a-ICS-beta-Spotify/idi-p/37113

As sugested by gbgmange, if Spotify crashes back to the home screen on starting it in Online mode, delete the /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui directory from the SD card. This will remove all your synced playlists, but it works for me every time.

You can use a file browser app (e.g. Airdroid, Astro, Linda) from your phone if you don't want to connect to your PC to do it.

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Anything new about this? Still happens frequantly. even though the solution gbgmange wrote does work, the app still keeps freezing up while syncing offline playlists.

Try downloading the Beta preview app: https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/archives/2012/04/19/new-android-preview/

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks!

Got it to work now, must have been something with installing it on the older version and then updating. Works like a clock now!

Suggested posts