Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android app crashing when call comes in

Spotify Android app crashing when call comes in

I've been experiencing this issue after the latest update. Spotify crashes after receiving an incoming call, sometimes even when I don't answer it. Never happedn with the previous version. Using an LG-C800 Mytouch from T-Mobile. Any ideas how to fix?

3 Replies

I'm going to make a correction on this. It does not completely crash. When I exit the call, spotify is still running, but my play qeue including the track I was previously playing is gone and I am left with a black now playing screen.

I have also discovered that this problem only seems to happen when my call is connected to a bluetooth device. My car has a built in bluetooth speaker for incoming calls. I can't just bypass the bluetooth because of safety reasons and taking a call in Oregon without a handsfree device is illegal. Plus this never used to happen. Anyone have any ideas? Do I have to be part of some excusive club to get some kind of response around here?

Here are some troubleshooting steps I have taken at the suggestion of Spotify support with no luck:

- On your device open (System) Settings and start Application Manager

- Look for Spotify and tap it

- Press "Clear data"

- If it's not greyed out, also press "Clear cache"

- Uninstall the Spotify app

- IMPORTANT: Completely turn off your device, then turn it back on again

- If you can remove the battery, do so now, then put it back in, then turn your device back on

- Using a file explorer app on your device, or your computer with your device connected over USB:
Look for a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
It's usually located in \Phone\Android\data\ (or in the folder you chose on your SD card when you started Spotify the first time)
Delete the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder(s)

- Re-install Spotify via the Play Store

Suggested posts