Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android crashes when hiding song in offline mode

Spotify Android crashes when hiding song in offline mode

I love the new hide the song from playlist feature. It's a great way to hone in on the best songs in New Music UK for example. Alas, its current implementation is buggy. It works fine in online mode. It's very slow, with the three dot context menu opening only seconds after the click at times. Once I go to offline mode  though, I encounter a bug that crashes Spotify when I try to open the context menu or at the very latest when I click on Hide this song.

In addition, the feature is inconsistent on Desktop and Android. I can see the hide song in some places using the Desktop software but not on playlists made by others like the New Music UK. Sloppy. This should be consistent. Pity on of the few new developments on Spotify is badly done. Please fix this quickly.

Plan Premium

Country D

Device Moto G7,

OS Android 10

Spotify 8.6.20.1063

1 Reply

Hi there @jasu,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try to download the songs with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist?

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the apps. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts