Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

Google Pixel 6

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

I have seen other users complain about this on Reddit, and it isn't restricted to Android users, so I know I'm not the only one fed up with the new Spotify "announcements". When I reconnect to Bluetooth, a 2-second announcement plays (e.g. "Resuming your liked songs") and then it completely unshuffles my playlist and starts from the beginning. I have no idea why Spotify thought this was a good idea, because it's a completely useless feature that only messes up my shuffle order. I already know which playlist I'm listening to and I was happy with the song order I had. I pay for premium so I don't have to deal with ads and so I can arrange songs the way I want. Please remove this feature or include an option to turn it off.

16 Replies

SAME. It's very annoying. Why do they keep introducing new features that degrade the user experience without including an option to turn it off??? If the user turns on shuffle and repeat, they did it for a reason. Changing their settings when they're not looking is just hostile design.

PLEASE REMOVE THIS "FEATURE".

Every time I get in my car, I don't want to have to re-enable shuffle. Seriously. How did this get through testing?

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community about this.

We'd like to report this issue to our tech team, so please send over the following:

• The model, OS version and exact Spotify version of the affected devices.
  • The exact steps to reproduce the behavior.
  • A short video of the issue (if possible).
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried (if any).

Regarding your feedback about the announcement you're hearing, we encourage you to share it in this thread.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Pixel 7 running Android 14

Spotify 8.9.34.590

To reproduce :

Start playlist on phone with shuffle turned on.

Pause. 

Connect to car stereo using Bluetooth. 

Spotify will say "Resuming <playlist name>"

At this point. Shuffle will have been turned off and I will need to pick up my phone to turn Shuffle back on.

This appears to happen every time I connect to my car. 

same issue here... and the voice is SO LOUD compared to my music volume. it woke my napping kiddo up today!! UGH. 

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra running Android 16

Spotify 8.9.34.590

To reproduce :

-Start any playlist or album using Spotify on phone with shuffle turned on.

-Pause in app on phone.  

-Connect to car stereo using Bluetooth. 

-Spotify will (very loudly!) announce:  "Resuming <playlist or album name>"

-At this point, shuffle will have been turned off, and I will need to pick up my phone to turn shuffle back on, which of course, is not ideal while driving. 

This appears to happen every time I connect to my car, or even just if I have paused Spotify for awhile during driving such as to talk to my kiddo, take a phone call, or order food. Every time I open my app again to unpause, it announces what I'm listening to, and sometimes even starts playing an entirely different playlist without me ever asking it to. 

Me too, Indeed it is a thing on iPhone. I am never a forum guy, but this is annoying enough for me to complain about. Who? What? Where? Why? And How did they let this become a thing?

I am on iPhone 13 Pro iOS 17.4.1

Spotify version 8.9.34.567

I am experiencing the issue with shuffle turning off, and in addition this morning it played a random playlist after the announcement instead of the one that was playing previously

As others have reported, the voice announcements need to go.  They turn off shuffle and jump to Spotify-created playlists other than what was actually queued for playing on the device.

This is terrible.  I hate it.  It's forcing me to listen to music I didn't choose and don't want to hear.

I pay for the service and a family plan to listen to music I choose, not to have random dreck shoved into my ears.  If Spotify will not give me the ability to control this, I have do not want the service.

Premium customer w/ family plan

Pixel 6a

Android 14

latest version of Spotify from the store.

Please see the posts below for steps on how to reproduce this issue.

Same Issue! Just noticed this issue this past week randomly. Same as everyone else where it only happens while connecting to my car but for me i'm connecting via aux & only bluetooth to my spotify car thing. Will un-shuffle my playlist, sometimes starting at the beginning of the playlist. 

i'm using an iphone 12, ios 17.4.1 running version 8.9.36.597

AND YES THE VOICE IS SO LOUD! 

also it will randomly start again when the music has been paused even tho it had done it once before without disconnecting my phone. it did this while i was ordering at the drive-thru!!! 

The voice announcement is driving me bonkers, and I hate that I can’t turn it off. PLEASE, Spotify, make this optional!

Hi MihailY. This isn't a bug and it doesn't need reproduction steps. It's a new feature that needs additional development to update the app with a toggle in settings to let users opt out. It's going to turn a certain number of users (especially free tier users) away from spotify. If you could please respond when you have an update from your team, that would be awesome. Thank you.

Bruh I absolutely HATE this, I was in, for example, “play list 1” and I pressed play in my car, and IT CHANGED me to “play list 2” like are you **bleep**ing kidding me?? YOU do not get to change my playlist or pick my music that is MY JOB and then it turned off my shuffle, seriously I’m not happy 

TURN OFF THE STUPID FOOKING ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!! 

This problem is the most annoying to happen to date. Apparently Spotify support has their thumbs up their ass on this one. Apple Music doesn’t **bleep** like this. 

iPhone 15 pro max 

same issue, literally ruins the whole vibe. Since you have to reshuffle it again there’s a chance you’ll go back to back or hear the same song you heard a bit ago again. They need to by default add an opt out option to this**bleep** instead of forcing users to be a part of the beta bug bonanza

Suggested posts