Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App Practically Useless [Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Lollipop OS]

Spotify App Practically Useless [Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Lollipop OS]

At this point, I'm about ready to unsubscribe from Spotify and move over to Google Play. The Spotify app for Android is literally useless now. If it decides to open without crashing, I have to wait upwards of a minute sometimes for any screen to load, including songs, playlists, the New Releases page, etc. On top of that, the responiveness is extremely slow. I have to still wait nearly a minute or more sometimes for a song to start, or to switch to another song. Sometimes songs will start and then just jutter and skip through every five to ten seconds unless I change to another song. I've tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions, as well as unsintastalled and reinstalled the program, which has just made everything worse. Now the app won't even open. Every time I try to start it, I get a message saying "Unfortunately, Spotify had stopped.", and I mean every single time. 

This has been going on for months. At first I figured it might be my 4G speeds, but I use Google Play a lot lately due to the fact that I literally have no other choice, and despire the fact that it's extremely demanding for my 4G it works flawlessly, along with other network dependent apps. Spotify is the only app on my phone at the moment that just literally is not working for me, and for paying for this monthly that's unacceptable. I'm paying for a product that doesn't work. 

I'm currently on a Galaxy Note 3 that's running the Lollipop Android OS. I've had similar issues like this before in the past, but it's never been anything like this. Anyone else dealing with this? I'm tired of paying for something that decides to work whenever it feels like it, and I'm not going to pay for it from now on if it doesn't work. 

6 Replies

Can you try without an SD Card in your device?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Spotify is too busy doing its own agenda to care about what you want to to do.

- Loading your playlists when you are not interested in playing them.

- Busy telling all your friends what you're playing.

- Busy telling you what all your friends are playing

- Busy trying to recommend you music you didn't ask for

- Busy "connecting" with all your other devices to work out what you played on them rather than asking what you want to play here and just playing it.

- Busy "connecting" with all your other devices to tell them what you're playing here and setting up a stupid play queue you didn't ask for.

And oh dear 3 songs in I went back to the start and after playing it for a minute it's stop-start-stop-start again whislt it''s doing **bleep** knows what.

Runs absolutely perfectly on my Note 3, and always has. I'm on KitKat 4.4.2, I haven't received the Lollipop update yet.

I only ever stream over 3G/4G, mostly in the car (I don't use it so much on wifi, and never download anything), and it never drops out or stops playing. So unless it's something specifically related to the Lollipop update, I suspect the problem is your device.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Worked like magic. I am using the note 4 on lollipop and was experiencing the same problem. Once I reinstalled spotify with the SD-card removed it worked like a charm!

So the key is to install with the memory card removed? i have other important apps on my card.

spoke too soon....within 15 minutes or so the wifi was back to dropping and the playback became choppy again.

Suggested posts