Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving to an SD card

I need help getting my spotify music to sync to my SD card instead of my phone's internal storage. I have tried doing a clean reinstallation of the app like spotify suggests and even setting the downloaded music quality to extreme like I've seen sugg...

• I need help getting my spotify music to sync to my SD card instead of my phone's internal storage. I have tried doing a clean reinstallation of the app like spotify suggests and even setting the down...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

app error.

The app is in free Mode and i can only play shuffle. When i try to cancel shuffle or make the app work in offline mode, the app wants me to subscribe for premium membership which i allready have. This is also stated in account settings. I have tried ...

• Casual Listener
  • The app is in free Mode and i can only play shuffle. When i try to cancel shuffle or make the app work in offline mode, the app wants me to subscribe for premium membership which i allready have. Thi...
  • DrTop
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded offline playlists dissapears after a few hours

I just installed spotify yesterday and I created an offline playlist of about 100 songs. Everything synced great. On my way back home I open up my spotify and see that all my downloaded offline playlists are no longer available offline.... what happe...

• I just installed spotify yesterday and I created an offline playlist of about 100 songs. Everything synced great. On my way back home I open up my spotify and see that all my downloaded offline playl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs constantly stopping on Galaxy Note 4

Songs are constantly stopping mid track. I have cleared the cache, deleted the android\data\com.spotify.music folder, have resinstalled the app multiple times, no luck. I am a premium member. I am the only person who uses the account, and I am not us...

• Regular
  • Songs are constantly stopping mid track. I have cleared the cache, deleted the android\data\com.spotify.music folder, have resinstalled the app multiple times, no luck. I am a premium membe...
  • mrothstein
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Over use of mobile connection while "synchronization using mobile" was off

Hello,I have got a Spotify premium account and i use my mobile to listen to music anywhere.I thought i had desactivated the option Synchronization using mobile network ("Synchro via mobile" in french). I thought whenever that option is desactivated a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have got a Spotify premium account and i use my mobile to listen to music anywhere. I thought i had desactivated the option Synchronization using mobile network ("Synchro via mobile" in ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artwork as lock screen wallpaper

Good evening, I'm getting this bug with spotify. When music plays and close the spotify from the lock screen (X button on the right ), locks' screen wallpaper changes to the last songs' artwork. Tried to close the app but it's still there. Phone need...

• Music Fan
  • Good evening,   I'm getting this bug with spotify.   When music plays and close the spotify from the lock screen (X button on the right ), locks' screen wallpaper changes to the last so...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please fix the search bar on Android

Hello, I am very satisfied with Spotify (premium) and it works amazing on my PC. But on my Samsung Galaxy S5, the search function is very rarely if ever working. Which completely stops me from listening to music I'd like to listen to, which sucks esp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am very satisfied with Spotify (premium) and it works amazing on my PC. But on my Samsung Galaxy S5, the search function is very rarely if ever working. Which completely stops me from listen...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto play playlist

Is there any way right not to create a shortcut to auto play a playlist ? This is a feature present in most other players. * My usecase is simple: when I enter my car, I either want to press a button and to start play the playlist or, better, launch ...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any way right not to create a shortcut to auto play a playlist ? This is a feature present in most other players.   * My usecase is simple: when I enter my car, I either want to press...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify free

Ich habe eine Email an Spotify geschickt. Ist mein kostenloses Premium Abo jetzt gekündigt und mein Konto gelöscht?

• Ich habe eine Email an Spotify geschickt. Ist mein kostenloses Premium Abo jetzt gekündigt und mein Konto gelöscht?
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

forgot user and password

I deactivated my FB acct but want to still listen to my music the email address I used for Spotify is no longer active

• I deactivated my FB acct but want to still listen to my music the email address I used for Spotify is no longer active
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files

Hi I have read many questions about this topic but i didn't find the solution after all i decided to ask my own.There are some music that isn't in the spotify but I want to listen that. I have a premium account.I want to listen that music in my PC an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have read many questions about this topic but i didn't find the solution after all i decided to ask my own. There are some music that isn't in the spotify but I want to listen tha...
  • gembiczky
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Player: cannot go back to chart from playing song

Hi I am listening to the Italy top 50 chart. I noticed on Android that if I want to go back to the chart from the current chart playing song, clicking on top "play from chart" (it is missing the chart name) does not work. It stay on the player page.

• Community Legend
  • Hi I am listening to the Italy top 50 chart.  I noticed on Android that if I want to go back to the chart from the current chart playing song, clicking on top "play from chart" (it is missin...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Easy acces to downloaded playlists!

Hi, there should be an option for choosing ONLY downloaded music to see on device.. Hasn't there been this option before? I really miss it.. Would be very convenient when 'on the go'.. instead of searching through 100s of playlists.

• Roadie
  • Hi, there should be an option for choosing ONLY downloaded music to see on device.. Hasn't there been this option before? I really miss it.. Would be very convenient when 'on the go'.. instead o...
  • spitspotpremium
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Lollipop
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files wont play anymore.

Yesterday i synced all my local files and they worked all day without a hitch. I opened spotify this morning and now half of my music which is local is grey and unavailable to play, when I press a local song the app pauses the current non-local song ...

• Yesterday i synced all my local files and they worked all day without a hitch. I opened spotify this morning and now half of my music which is local is grey and unavailable to play, when I press a lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Marantz network audio player not showing up on Spotify Adroid App

Hiya, I have a Galaxy S5 running spotify premium, as well as spotify desktop on my laptop. Just purchased a Marantz NA6005 network audio player, all devices connnected to the same wifi network for definite. In the Android app, the NA6005 doesn't appe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hiya,   I have a Galaxy S5 running spotify premium, as well as spotify desktop on my laptop.   Just purchased a Marantz NA6005 network audio player, all devices connnected to the same w...
  • alipearce
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skipping on android app

Hi I have been runnning spotify premium on a Nexus 4 (android 5.0) and the songs will randomly start to go glitchy and skip to another song. This is also not the next song in the album sequence but rather a random song. I then switched to a nexus 5 r...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have been runnning spotify premium on a Nexus 4 (android 5.0) and the songs will randomly start to go glitchy and skip to another song. This is also not the next song in the album seque...
  • cmaine
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Swipe to Skip Song not working

Just as the title suggests.Ever since the last two updates on Android (I think two? This has been an issue for two weeks), I haven't been able to swipe from Right to Left to skip a song on my playlist. It works if Repeat is Off, or Repeat is set to o...

• Music Fan
  • Just as the title suggests. Ever since the last two updates on Android (I think two? This has been an issue for two weeks), I haven't been able to swipe from Right to Left to skip a song on my playl...
  • travfran
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing music and deletes queue when connecting to the internet

When I go from offline to online with my Nexus 5, while spotify is playing music, it stops the current track, deletes the waiting queue and turns my 'random' and 'repeat' button off. This happens since a few weeks now and even the last one or two upd...

• When I go from offline to online with my Nexus 5, while spotify is playing music, it stops the current track, deletes the waiting queue and turns my 'random' and 'repeat' button off. This happens sin...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps skipping and pausing for no reason (even on Wi-Fi)

Even on Wi-Fi and especially of Wi-Fi, Spotify keeps skipping tracks and it's starting to pause as well for no reason. Can some one help, I want too keep using Spotify but it getting annoying. I been thinking about using another music streaming servi...

• Even on Wi-Fi and especially of Wi-Fi, Spotify keeps skipping tracks and it's starting to pause as well for no reason. Can some one help, I want too keep using Spotify but it getting annoying. I been...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes