Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems using search on a playlist

Hello forum!I'm a premium user and very happy to pay for the service.I've found a problem that wasn't there before. Whenever I search on a playlist and play a song on it, the base for the shuffle becomes my search query. Just as well, when I search f...

• Hello forum! I'm a premium user and very happy to pay for the service. I've found a problem that wasn't there before. Whenever I search on a playlist and play a song on it, the base for the shuffle...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Package

I pay for the premium Package but it won't let me use any of its features skip songs etc. I've uninsalled and re installed the app several times with no joy. Gonna cancel if it's not sorted within a few days

• I pay for the premium Package but it won't let me use any of its features skip songs etc. I've uninsalled and re installed the app several times with no joy. Gonna cancel if it's not sorted within a ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not available in my country error on new phone

Hi, I got myself a new phone yesterday. Now i am trying to install spotify, which i already use for a couple of years, but it won't download because it says it is not available in my country. I live in Holland and it should be available. I think the ...

• Hi,   I got myself a new phone yesterday. Now i am trying to install spotify, which i already use for a couple of years, but it won't download because it says it is not available in my country...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • country
    Not Available
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify used 630mb on it's own

Yesterday evening Spotify on my OnePlus One decided to do something weird. I got some kind of notification so I took my phone (from the table, not from my pocket). I immediately noticed the phone was super hot, like way-beyond-comfortable hot. I unlo...

• Yesterday evening Spotify on my OnePlus One decided to do something weird.   I got some kind of notification so I took my phone (from the table, not from my pocket). I immediately no...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Inbox button disappeared

Hi, my Inbox button just disappeared 1 month ago. I thought the updates will fix it, but not. And I can get my Inbox message, but after I close it, I can't open it again, because I don't have any button for that. Screenshot :http://i.imgur.com/tuVRz3...

• Regular
  • Hi, my Inbox button just disappeared 1 month ago. I thought the updates will fix it, but not. And I can get my Inbox message, but after I close it, I can't open it again, because I don't have any but...
  • RobertEspinoza
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    button
    inbox
    Nexus 5
    problem
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

ad free

While listening through phone in my car, it will ask that I can listen ad free for the next 30 mins but then spotify freezes and I can't do anything

• While listening through phone in my car, it will ask that I can listen ad free for the next 30 mins but then spotify freezes and I can't do anything
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Metadata or ability to use steering wheel controls

I updated my Galaxy S4 to the latest and greatest OS yesterday and in doing so it updated spotify. After the update the music will still play over my Kenwood DNX9990HD but it doesnt show me any of the information and cannot be controlled from the ste...

• I updated my Galaxy S4 to the latest and greatest OS yesterday and in doing so it updated spotify.  After the update the music will still play over my Kenwood DNX9990HD but it doesnt show me any...
  • garrett216
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

why is my music sound wierd

It is always too high pitched or loelw pitched

• It is always too high pitched or loelw pitched
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "No SD card found" on Cat B15Q

Hi folks, I just purchased a new Cat phone with Android KitKat. 16 GB SD card works with other applications, but Spotify doesn't seem to recognize it. After a clean Spotify install (all caches removed etc.), the message "No SD card found" is displaye...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi folks,   I just purchased a new Cat phone with Android KitKat. 16 GB SD card works with other applications, but Spotify doesn't seem to recognize it.   After a clean Spotify in...
  • Sv1J
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Car stereo not getting updated for each song.

Greetings, In the past, the data (song and album) would be updated for each song change. Currently this only happens at the beginning of the album. This changed after the last phone update. Device: Samsung SM-G900A (Galaxy S5)Android : 4.4.4Car Stere...

• Regular
  • Greetings,   In the past, the data (song and album) would be updated for each song change. Currently this only happens at the beginning of the album.   This changed after the last phone...
  • broncus
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All my saved music suddenly desapeared from my account

All my saved music desapeared and only my saved playlists remained. But when i check the device storage it says that spotify still occupies the same memory. What can i do?

• All my saved music desapeared and only my saved playlists remained. But when i check the device storage it says that spotify still occupies the same memory. What can i do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Play Gift Card

I recently bought a Google Gift Play Card just to upgrade to Premium. But when I keyed in the code, they said that it is invalid. Please help me!!

• I recently bought a Google Gift Play Card just to upgrade to Premium. But when I keyed in the code, they said that it is invalid. Please help me!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not downloading playlists

When ever I try to download playlists I previously had downloaded before I had reinstalled Spotify it'll tell me that there isn't enough device memory but that is not correct more then half of my memory on my phone is empty. I put majority of my othe...

• Music Fan
  • When ever I try to download playlists I previously had downloaded before I had reinstalled Spotify it'll tell me that there isn't enough device memory but that is not correct more then half of my mem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Local files not playing in offline playlists

Did you find a solution to your problem? I have the same issue on my android device. No local files are synced.

• Music Fan
  • Did you find a solution to your problem? I have the same issue on my android device. No local files are synced.
  • ChriSound
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android client crashes with lock screen - both 4.4 and 5.x

I use Spotifyon my mobile devices (iPhone 6, Nexus 5, OnePlus One) and I keep having problems with the Android client: On both Androids (4.4 and 5.x) the client most of the time is not reacting to the lock screen widget and in some cases crashing to ...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotifyon my mobile devices (iPhone 6, Nexus 5, OnePlus One) and I keep having problems with the Android client:   On both Androids (4.4 and 5.x) the client most of the time is not react...
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • IceCreamSandwich
    lock screen
    Lollipop
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Refresh/Reload screen

Every few seconds, I get a white screen with a spinning green refresh/reload arrow. It's quite annoying.I've tried reinstalling the app and even resetting the phone but the problem persists.Has anyone experienced this? How did you fix it?

• Casual Listener
  • Every few seconds, I get a white screen with a spinning green refresh/reload arrow. It's quite annoying. I've tried reinstalling the app and even resetting the phone but the problem persists. H...
  • Nezcream
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    refresh
    reload
    screen
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] - Spotify stops playing when screen locks (Lollipop 5.1)

My rig is:Samsung Galaxy Note IIRooted with: Cyanogenmod 12.1 I haven't the slightest clue what to do about this at this point. I tried uninstall/reinstall, cleared cache, googled for quite awhile. I'm not running any task killer app either, the only...

• My rig is: Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted with: Cyanogenmod 12.1   I haven't the slightest clue what to do about this at this point. I tried uninstall/reinstall, cleared cache, googled for qu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Huawei Ascend P7: Menu button not working

Hey everyone, today I received my new Huawei Ascend P7 and installed Spotify (weirdly it was not installed automatically, unlike most other apps I had had on my old Samsung Galaxy S Plus). I immediately noticed an issue: the menu-button in the top le...

• Hey everyone,   today I received my new Huawei Ascend P7 and installed Spotify (weirdly it was not installed automatically, unlike most other apps I had had on my old Samsung Galaxy S Plus)....
  • rowolv
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

lenght of title at playlist

How can I show up the title lenght inside a playlist?

• Casual Listener
  • How can I show up the title lenght inside a playlist?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes