Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App closes after approx 10 minutes

Spotify App closes after approx 10 minutes

I'm using a Samsung S6 edge+ and when listening to my music the app closes itself after about 10 minutes of no interaction.
So I put an album on (doesn't matter if it's online or offline) put the phone in my pocket and then the music stops after a few songs. I can't resume the song where I left off as the app actually closes itself down (i lose the toolbar at the top of phone too). I'm a premium user and really do expect more.

Anyone got any suggestions please?
2 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble!!

The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this.

For the past four weeks I've have encountered an issue with the Spotify app where it closes after exactly ten minutes after I've locked the phone. Similarly to the original post. I have however only had limited success.

I first noticed the issue with my Sony Bluetooth Wireless headphones when I was out on my bike however I have been able to since replicate the issue at home with my aux connected earbuds and car aux connector.

The list of fixes that I have tried which I can remember include:

Reinstalling/ Clean reinstalling the app on two separate occasions

Deleting the app cache

Deleting the phones stored cache 

Checking to see whether there were any battery saving properties on the app or phone itself, including checking if it had a sleep setting

Checking for updates on the Play Store

Resetting connection settings on the phone

Since performing a clean reinstall on the app earlier today, I have found that the issue is even more persistent where as it was in the past, an intermittent problem. This is all extremely inconvenient and I would appreciate the problem being fixed very much.

Phone Model: Samsung S8

Operating system: Android 9

Suggested posts