Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Browse] notifications bar

Solved!

[All Platforms][Browse] notifications bar

I want the ability to change the song by going to the notifications bar of my phone like we used to be able to do. instead I now have to open the app back up just to go one song forward or back. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Thatsandman,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

This looks like an issue to look into so we hope you don't mind us moving this thread in the Help Boards for now.

You mentioned in your original post that you used to be able to see Spotify in the notification bar. If you haven't already, we'd recommend heading over to your phone's settings > Apps > Spotify > Notifications to ensure that all relevant status bar settings for the app are enabled.

If you're still having troubles, we'd also suggest trying a clean reinstallation of the app as it helps with many common issues. You can find steps on how to do that in this Spotify Answer. Keep in mind though that you'll need to redownload any content you'd previously had available offline once you've done so.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Updated on 2020-05-11

Hey @Thatsandman.,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We'll just need a bit more info to understand your idea in order to give it the right status.

Do you mind confirming the device you're on? If you could also send us a screenshot which shows us exactly what you're referring to, that would be great.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Screenshot_20200511-192634.png

so I'm playing music right now on my Google pixel 3 but in order to change the song I'd have to exit the browser and open Spotify again. 

instead you should add a bar that allows me to change songs (within the playlist or artist). 

Marked as solution

Hey there @Thatsandman,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

This looks like an issue to look into so we hope you don't mind us moving this thread in the Help Boards for now.

You mentioned in your original post that you used to be able to see Spotify in the notification bar. If you haven't already, we'd recommend heading over to your phone's settings > Apps > Spotify > Notifications to ensure that all relevant status bar settings for the app are enabled.

If you're still having troubles, we'd also suggest trying a clean reinstallation of the app as it helps with many common issues. You can find steps on how to do that in this Spotify Answer. Keep in mind though that you'll need to redownload any content you'd previously had available offline once you've done so.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts