Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App not available for download although in Germany

Solved!

Spotify App not available for download although in Germany

Dear Spotify Community, 

I have a spotify account and am trying to download the spotify app on my android phone (Samsong Galaxy). However, when trying to download it, google play store gives me the following error message 'Dieser Artikel ist in ihrem Land nicht verfügbar' (This article is not available in your country). I am in Germany and I bought the phone in Germany, too, but it seems as if I am registered in another country. Currencies are indicated in $, too. Does anyone know how this could have happened and second, how I could rectify this? 

Thank you very much!
Best, 

Julika

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sounds like your play store location is wrong, check the settings.

Alternatively, you can download the app without google play (although you won't get automatic updates) from the mobile site:
https://m.spotify.com/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Sounds like your play store location is wrong, check the settings.

Alternatively, you can download the app without google play (although you won't get automatic updates) from the mobile site:
https://m.spotify.com/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem on my LG K10. Additionally:

- The m.spotify.com website sends me automatically back to Google Play when I select "download"

- Google Play settings don't have an option for changing location. I allowed automatic updates (which I hate), maybe that'll change things.

Any other ideas what I can do to install spotify on my phone?

Google uses the billing address of your default payment instrument in Google Wallet to help determine your home country for accessing the Play Store. You'll find more information here.

Yes, m.spotify.com directs you to Play these days but then this thread is seriously old.

Unfortunately no change. And for worse, I am receiving spam mails after posting here.
I have a vpn client. Is there a direct wevdite login in some country that doesn't require the app?

Spotify is available in the countries shown here so, as long as you are in one of those, you should be able to download the spotify app from Play. I won't comment on using a VPN as this seems to be contrary to Spotify's terms and conditions but I'm sure you can work things out 🙂

Suggested posts