Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App pretends I'd be offline

Spotify App pretends I'd be offline

Hi.

My Name is Lisa and I got my Spotify (Premium) via drei Austria. Just phoned there and they couldn't help me with anything beside my payment.

My problem is that the Spotify App pretends I'd be offline though I'm surfing and using Whatsapp etc. simultaneously. drei also told me, that my internet connection (3G/4G switching) is stable, so this couldn't be the reason. I'm not sure, but I can remember it happening with a stable W-Lan connection as well; surprisingly my boyfriend had no problems at all using my account on his phone, which is an older Sony Xperia Z built than mine (I got a Z5, he has my old Z1 Premium with Android 6).

In detail, when the problem occurs, I'm no longer able to stream music. However, downloaded content is still playable. It's just like when I'm really offline, simply that I'm not.

It occurs only from time to time, but more often recently. When I switch my phone off and on again, it works for a while, as well sometimes closing the app works for that. After a few songs - usually about 2-3 - the problem's back. I'm paying every month nearly 10 euro for premium and couldn't use this service the last weeks to be honest. Also I'm paying for a Spotify+ agreement with drei Austria which would allow me to stream music without having to pay for the used data volume. For over two years now. I was really enjoying to have (nearly) no limit in what I wanted to listen to, but with this problem the limits are back.

I hoped it will fix itself with an update as well as it must have come with any update before, but it hadn't. I just de- and re-installed the app at least (and re-downloaded all my saved music), setup anew and hopefully this will be the fix. If not, I'm wainting for the next update and if there's still the problem, I will be definitely no longer be willing to pay for literally no service.

Have a nice day.

0 Replies

Suggested posts