Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify CRASHES when connected to a receiver and displaying the lyrics.

Solved!

Spotify CRASHES when connected to a receiver and displaying the lyrics.

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia, however I use a VPN sometimes. (I was not using it while the issue was happening)

Device

Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I connect Spotify to a Yamaha R-N303 receiver, while connected, sometimes the app displays the lyrics. Only today after the last update (8.6.26.897) the app crashes when I scroll down so see the lyrics or when open them. However, the app will continue working otherwise, and will allow me to change songs, pause the music, lower or increase the volume directly to the receiver, etc.

I tried to capture all different scenarios of the issue, and the video is to large to attach, but I leave my drive where I have it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d3vDWHces2KhFPcRixB5YsLpiqTvvKdk/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope this is not happening to everyone, thanks for the help.

Screenshot_20210512_091534_com.spotify.music.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

PROBLEM SOLVED: 

The receiver was updated about a week and a half ago, before the last Spotify update. I double checked, and there was a new update available for the receiver. There was something causing incompatibility with the last Spotify update.

Once updated, I also erased the cache in Spotify and restarted the phone. Gave it a other try, and it works as normal. Not sure why it was working with the IOS device, though. 

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

IMG_20210514_141143.jpg
IMG_20210514_141243.jpg
6 Replies

Hi there @Yin-Fire,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you make sure so both devices are up to date.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey, thanks for trying.

I erased the cache, then uninstall the app, then restarted the phone (turn off for 1 minute and turn back on), the  reinstall the app. I waited for all the songs to download again, and gave it another try.

The problem still persists, but now only happens when I tap on the lyrics. I'll leave the link to a video with how the issue is at the moment. If there's anything else I can try, please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dHdNfmsVPNrx6UrWGENIlk_Dv1RV_gcK/view?usp=drivesdk 

Hi @Yin-Fire

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Just to confirm, did you check if the OS of your phone and the firmware of your receiver are up-to-date?

Also, would you mind letting us know if this is only happening when you're using the Connect feature with your phone? Could you try using a different device to check if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey,

I confirmed before posting in here that I have both the last version of my OS, as well as the last version of Spotify.

Indeed, the issue is only happening when I'm using the "Connect" feature in Spotify to stream through the receiver to my bookshelf speakers. This, however, was not happening at all before the last Spotify update. Normally, when connected to the receiver, I was simply unable to see the lyrics, but didn't cause any issues.

I confirmed the receiver is also updated, and as shown in the first video, when changing connections between the receiver and my phone, the phone plays normally and it doesn't crash while displaying the lyrics.

I tried using a different device (iPhone 7 plus) with my same account, and the issue was no longer happening. Then, I connected again with mine (Huawei P20 Pro), and again it crashed when I opened the lyrics while connected to the receiver. I do not have another Android device to test this on, but I think we're on to  something....

If there's anything else I should try, this was not an issue before, so I'll do what I can to help solving it.

Marked as solution

PROBLEM SOLVED: 

The receiver was updated about a week and a half ago, before the last Spotify update. I double checked, and there was a new update available for the receiver. There was something causing incompatibility with the last Spotify update.

Once updated, I also erased the cache in Spotify and restarted the phone. Gave it a other try, and it works as normal. Not sure why it was working with the IOS device, though. 

Thanks for the help!

IMG_20210514_141143.jpg
IMG_20210514_141243.jpg

Hi @Yin-Fire

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that.

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help 🙂

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts