Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect For Desktop App

Spotify Connect For Desktop App

I donwloaded Spotify for my PC (Windows 8.1) and the app for my Android (I'm premium). Yesterday i used Spotify Connect perfectly without any problem, but today... Don't work.  I'm connected on the same WiFi where i have mi PC connected and i run Spotify as administrator. 

What it's the possible problem?

11 Replies

A couple of things. Can you reboot your PC, Router & Phone and try again?

Next check your Windows firewall exceptions to ensure the Spotify App is allowed.

Also check router settings to see if UPnP is enabled

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

All it's ok, but doesn't work.

So can you clarify what's not working? Is it that your phone isn't detecting when the PC is playing?

Android Troubleshooting:

Yes, my pc detect my smartphone but my smartphone don't detect my PC when the music is playing... Only, when i play a song on smartphone and pc (At same time) the song stop on my smartphone. But i only want to control my PC when the music are playing on there. Yesterday i could do, but today no.

Can you try a clean install of the app? 

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Android Troubleshooting:

I do a clean re-installation but nope... Doesn't work. 😕 The configuration of my router it's ok and also the firewall.

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Sorry to interrupt your little conversation, but I am experiencing more or less the same issue. I am using a android, windows 8 and the desktop app. My android can't seem to find the computer, which is making me boo-boo because I would really like to use it as an remote. 

Did you find a solution to your problems?

Connect for desktop has only rolled out to several users as far as I know. There's a discussion about that in the idea section. Therefore this problem isn't really a problem that can be fixed. We have to wait until it's rolled out to eveyone.

Ok, so basically it's impossible to connect to a windows because it has yet to be implemented?

According to this it is already implemented, but because they are still testing it is only activated for some users. Shouldn't be long until we all get it.

Suggested posts