Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Issue AVR

Solved!

Spotify Connect Issue AVR

Hello,

I'm experiencing following issue: I've got my Yamaha RX-V477 connected to my Homenetwork. I intended to use my old Galaxy S2 (Android 4.1.2) to play my Playlists via Spotify Connect (Latest version from Google Play). I can play my music on my phone and in the Spotify App i can choose the RX-V to use for Spotify Connect but if i choose the RX-V477 to play my music it simply does nothing. There is no music played on my AV neither is the Spotify Connect symbol going green, as it says on the Website.

How can i fix this? This feature was the main reason i got Premium, but if it's not going to work, i can live without Premium.

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Since I could not get it to work I canceled my premium subscription.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi
Is you Yamaha avr updated to latest firmware?

Hello,

The Firmware of my AV-Reciever is up-to-date (Version 1.17).

My case seems to be the same as those in the Linked Post, but there doesn't seem to be a solution for that.

Remote controling my PC through my Phone doesn't even work at all (my PC isn't listed on my Phone, even thought the PCs Firewall is off and they are connected to the same network)

In the List of devices on my Phone under the name of the Receiver it says: Im Netzwerk verfügbar (Available in Network).

Here more details to my setup:

AVR

Model:                                                               Yamaha RX-V 477

Firmware Up-to-Date:                                       Yes (1.17)

Networkconnection:                                          Wired (Ethernet)

Smartphone

Model:                                                               Samsung Galaxy S II

Android:                                                             4.1.2

Networkconnection:                                          Wireless

Smartphone can see AVR:                               Yes

Smartphone can play music online:                  Yes

Smartphone can play music offline:                  Yes

Smartphone can play music on AVR:               No

Smartphone and AVR in same Subnet:            Yes

UPnP activated:                                                Yes (doesn't work when disabled either)

Firewall between AVR / Smartphone:               No

===================================================================

I hope there will be a solution to this problem. Until then, i'm thinking to look for a service that supports DLNA since streaming music to my AVR from my PC via DLNA works just fine.

Marked as solution

Since I could not get it to work I canceled my premium subscription.

Suggested posts